Keyword

What are your thoughts on using AEC with K2?

More
13 years 10 months ago #90223 by Bold
I'm attempting to use AEC in conjunction with K2. I've done the micro-integration and created parity with the K2 & AEC user groups.  So far, so good.  There's one critical function I still need to implement:
I need to hide or change the download button on K2 item pages, based on a user's subscription.  Ideally if the user does not have a paid subscription, there would be a different button in place that 1) either allows the user to purchase the K2 item a la carte, or 2) directs them to subscription plans that grant them download access.

Has anyone had good results using K2 and AEC together?  Particularly in using them for download management?  Can the functionality I'm looking for be achieved through the component settings, or will it require custom php in the K2 item template file?

I combed the AEC forum but of course their forum search invalidates words less than 3 letters, so K2 gets filtered out :-/  Gonna go post a query over there in a moment...

So far I am really liking K2 and would like to deploy it on more projects.  For now, I'm just hoping I can get AEC and K2 to play well with each other.  Any/all help is appreciated!!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90224 by william white
Replied by william white on topic What are your thoughts on using AEC with K2?
If you are working in an override, wrap the attachments block and try to test for Joomla User and AEC user status and the current category then either present the attachments or present the buttons you want.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90225 by Bold
Hadn't thought of that, I'll see what I can do - thanks!!!

More
13 years 10 months ago #90226 by Bold
I realize that K2 and AEC are set to sync usergroups through micro integration. So I what I need is the correct php query, I think I may have found it...

More
13 years 10 months ago #90227 by Bold
After reading this and this I'm forced to abandon K2 for my current project. Not sure how I missed this when I decided to first try the component...being able to set editing permissions without being able to set certain viewing permissions seems...contradictory? There are a lot of things I really like about K2, but I urge the devs to implement more granular permissions control over attachments.

I really am looking forward to using K2 in future projects. Keep up the great work!