Keyword

Can't post videos within the text

• Jodine Dorce
  • Jodine Dorce's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #90240 by Jodine Dorce
Can't post videos within the text was created by Jodine Dorce
I am new to K2 and so far I love this extension. However, I can't for the life of me figure out how to embed video on site. I got the plug in AllVideos (by JoomlaWorks) and now it files it under Related Videos but does't allow me to embed the video with my text. Even when I add the HTML embed code to the HTML editor, it just gives a link and doesn't embed the player. What am I doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #90241 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can't post videos within the text
If you have the video tab in k2 items and there is an upload button when you click the tab, allvideos is most likely properly installed. On my system i use ftp to put the wmv files on the server in the directory specified in the allvideos plugin and then use the browze server tag to point to the file in the k2 item.
Use the k2 category parameter to "show" the video.
You can use the code found with the plugin to embed the code into the content if you choose, If thats not working its probably a path problem.

• Jodine Dorce
  • Jodine Dorce's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #90242 by Jodine Dorce
Replied by Jodine Dorce on topic Can't post videos within the text
Thank you for the tip. I'm going to try it out right now.

William White said:If you have the video tab in k2 items and there is an upload button when you click the tab, allvideos is most likely properly installed. On my system i use ftp to put the wmv files on the server in the directory specified in the allvideos plugin and then use the browze server tag to point to the file in the k2 item. Use the k2 category parameter to "show" the video.
You can use the code found with the plugin to embed the code into the content if you choose, If thats not working its probably a path problem.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90243 by Bernard Parsons
Replied by Bernard Parsons on topic Can't post videos within the text
If you have K2 from the beginning you didn't need the AllVideos plug, you could have simply pasted your embedded code under the video tab that is a part of the K2 feature. AllVideos plug is mainly good for videos that you want to convert, upload and store on your sever in a special folder instead of having it stream from say google video or youtube. And remember that any video you have streaming from your server will put a strain on your bandwith and take up allot of space. That’s why I have an account with youtube, which take all that strain away.

I know this probably won't answer your question, cause I didn't install AllVideo for this reason. But I thought it would be a little useful bit of information.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #90244 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Can't post videos within the text
OMG you're everywhere LOL. I answer your question again here

Joanna Din Mitchew said:
Hi everyone, I like to embed e.g. you tube videos in the text field so I can write about the video, however videos are not embed in the text field but shown further down the site as a "related video" to the post. Is it possible to embed ideo in the text field? I try to remove "related videos" I tried everything in Allvideos and view options item etc. 

See example here: joannadinmitchew.dk/film-billeder-og-lyd-blog/item/12-miyaza...ä-my-heroine.html

Bernard Parsons said:
If you have K2 from the beginning you didn't need the AllVideos plug, you could have simply pasted your embedded code under the video tab that is a part of the K2 feature. AllVideos plug is mainly good for videos that you want to convert, upload and store on your sever in a special folder instead of having it stream from say google video or youtube. And remember that any video you have streaming from your server will put a strain on your bandwith and take up allot of space. That’s why I have an account with youtube, which take all that strain away.

I know this probably won't answer your question, cause I didn't install AllVideo for this reason. But I thought it would be a little useful bit of information.

K2 Rocks \m/

More
13 years 1 month ago #90245 by Joanna Din Mitchew
Replied by Joanna Din Mitchew on topic Can't post videos within the text
Sorry ;) first time in the forum :) thanks it works with youtube but not with video from vimeo though I followed explanation in the document you sent me.

• Kannan Naidu Venugopal
  • Platinum Member
  • Aham Brahmasmi
More
13 years 1 month ago #90246 by Kannan Naidu Venugopal
Replied by Kannan Naidu Venugopal on topic Can't post videos within the text
OK a quick answer just for you :D , since i just answered your other post few seconds back and i have the tags on my clipboard..LOL.

for Vimeo videos, use this tag {vimeo}20597110{/vimeo}  this tag is for the Fur video denmark :D

K2 Rocks \m/