Keyword

New to K2 - categories don't display articles

• Jay Rubinstein
  • Jay Rubinstein's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90312 by Jay Rubinstein
New to K2 - categories don't display articles was created by Jay Rubinstein
I'm sure I'm missing something really obvious. 

I'm new to K2.  I've installed it on a development site as well as the main one.  I've created a category and a couple of articles in each site and tried to display them.  I haven't copied Joomla content across since I didn't intend to convert the whole site but I did want to use K2  to manage blogging and commenting on the site.

The articles display if I set up the menu link to look for tags or users, but not if I set the menu link to look for categories.  This applies to both sites so it's clear that I'm missing something basic but what?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jay

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #90313 by Yiota
Are you sure that you have items in each K2 category you try to link to the menu item?

• Jay Rubinstein
More
13 years 10 months ago #90314 by Jay Rubinstein
Replied by Jay Rubinstein on topic New to K2 - categories don't display articles
I'm certain, as I hope this image shows.

thanks

Jay

Yiota Ziaggou said:Are you sure that you have items in each K2 category you try to link to the menu item?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #90315 by Yiota
And I'm guessing that you select for the menu item to be K2->category and then you put as a category the Testing. Right?

• Jay Rubinstein
More
13 years 10 months ago #90316 by Jay Rubinstein
Replied by Jay Rubinstein on topic New to K2 - categories don't display articles
Exactly right!

Yiota Ziaggou said:And I'm guessing that you select for the menu item to be K2->category and then you put as a category the Testing. Right?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #90317 by Yiota
Have you tried to reinstall the K2, in case something went wrong with the installation the first time?

• Jay Rubinstein
More
13 years 10 months ago #90318 by Jay Rubinstein
I just did so, using a fresh download from the K2 site. The result is the same.

On install I got one message Notice: K2 Content Elements for Joom!Fish were not copied to the related folder, because Joom!Fish was not found on your sytem.
Install Component Success

Otherwise items appear to have been installed correctly and I can see all other kinds of K2 content - I can reach the items directly, just not in the categories view.

Yiota Ziaggou said:Have you tried to reinstall the K2, in case something went wrong with the installation the first time?