Keyword

migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS

• Nick
  • Nick's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #90332 by Nick
migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS was created by Nick
I'm currently working on migrating a site to wordpress from k2. I was thinking of using RSS. I tried it and it automagically worked! Categories were created and posts were created as well. Now i need to figure out how to transfer the extra fields and images.

My main question is how do i get K2 to export ALL items to RSS/XHTML. I have 2000+ items tho :P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90333 by adampdarcy
Replied by adampdarcy on topic migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
Hi Nick, did you manage to find a way to import all those posts? Have about 2,000 myself in wordpress and would really like and easy way to transfer them.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #90334 by Nick
Replied by Nick on topic migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
well if ur in wordpress then u can simply transfer your posts from wordpress to joomla, and then import the joomla articles into K2. I haven't found a way to do it the other way around.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90335 by adampdarcy
Replied by adampdarcy on topic migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
Ah, just found a way to import Joomla articles into K2. Very simple. So how did you get your content from wordpress to Joomla? Nick Tsutsunava said:

well if ur in wordpress then u can simply transfer your posts from wordpress to joomla, and then import the joomla articles into K2. I haven't found a way to do it the other way around.

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #90336 by Nick
i don't think you understand. I am trying to switch from joomla TO wordpress. Not the other way around. In either case, there should be simple converters. Google is your best friend. adampdarcy said:

Ah, just found a way to import Joomla articles into K2. Very simple. So how did you get your content from wordpress to Joomla? Nick Tsutsunava said:

• Juan Carlos Ceballos
More
13 years 8 months ago #90337 by Juan Carlos Ceballos
Replied by Juan Carlos Ceballos on topic migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
Hi Nick did you manage to transfer everything from k2 to wordpress? If you did it could you please let me know how you did it, thanks.

More
13 years 3 months ago #90338 by sean canaday
Replied by sean canaday on topic migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
Hey Nick, Did you manage to move your K2 items and images etc to wordpress? I will personally be happy if i knew how to move just the items. My site was hacked a couple days ago and yes I'm still on 1.5. I would of loved to upgrade to 1.6 but like everyone else, I'm still waiting on K2. I ask myself why didn't I continue using Super Blogger. Why did I migrate all of 3 years worth of content to K2. Why did I leave wordpress in the first place. SMH

• Nick
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 3 months ago #90339 by Nick
Well you can go to joomla 1.6 by using the k2 2.5 SVN. It's pretty stable. But i haven't been able to migrate to Wordpress. I didn't have any time to work on it. Maybe during the summer. The way it is now, I am planning on staying with K2 for a while.

More
11 years 8 months ago #90340 by Alan
Replied by Alan on topic Re: migrate k2 to wordpress with RSS
hi! I came across a post with really simple instructions on moving from Joomla to WP. I tried, and it works for K2 too: the link