Keyword

Front end user add item very confusing

• yaksushi
  • yaksushi's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #90390 by yaksushi
Front end user add item very confusing was created by yaksushi
I know this topic has been covered in varying degres but this specific isue I have not seen.  I've been trying to set up a new site so users can submit content to pre defined categories.  Everything is working ok except when they click add new item and the iframe pops up after you finish your article and click save the iframe just refreshed with no notification that your save or submission is complete...  Am i missing something?  I've tried Simon's fix for the size of the iframe thinking that it might just have been hidden but this did not solve my issue.  Anyone have a fix for this or how are you dealing with the confusion it will cause users when they try to submit content.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90391 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Front end user add item very confusing
I have the same issue. Anyone know how to resolve this?

• Jovica Turčinović
More
13 years 10 months ago #90392 by Jovica Turčinović
Replied by Jovica Turčinović on topic Front end user add item very confusing
I have the same issue!

Another question is how to automatically set a category list of a current user. Front end populate all categores and that is so confused for users. More of them have a one group (blogging). I can't find a solution for this problem. Also, can front and user limited for some directory to uploading images ?

More
13 years 10 months ago #90393 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic Front end user add item very confusing
Two Qs here:
1. How do i control the potential end screen / 'thankyou' aspect of someone submitting stuff ?
2. How do I customise the form display for front end submissions

I have just looked at 2.
UNortunately thre is no template overide for form display for submissions front end and my quick hack attempts to add one produced no result.

However @ jovica
IF you follow the logic of 2 above then you can get to a solution.
In components/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/form.php is where the front end submission is rendered.

So a potential solution for a project I have concerns the extrafields - the people submitting to this site we're building dont knwo what extrafields mean. They are coming to submit specific data and thats what I want to give them - a custom form that just has what they need to see. Likewise for preventing massive lists of categories which have nothing to do with them you can adjust the category output and posibly hardcode the category id of the logged in user. To do this you need to get the logged in user id, look up their permissions and grab the category id form the parameter field. Its a lot of work really for something that should be so user friendly to the submitter. What we really need is another template view for forms and more global parameters to read into the templates.

I will definitely be hardocoding a category id for specific user groups so will share this back once done. It will be in the next two weeks AND it will break your upgrade path ;-)

More
13 years 10 months ago #90394 by Alan Sparkes
Replied by Alan Sparkes on topic Front end user add item very confusing
Alan Sparkes said:jovica.turcinovic said:I have the same issue! Another question is how to automatically set a category list of a current user. ...?

Try this: open up com_k2/views/item/tmpl/form.php line 349 and see attached for replacement
Attachments:

• Jovica Turčinović
More
13 years 10 months ago #90395 by Jovica Turčinović
Replied by Jovica Turčinović on topic Front end user add item very confusing
Dear Alan,

Yes, I found that, but in modal link I haven't a id of category. I must create for master url id of category.

In which a file is create link "add new item" ? I have to add to modal url parameter "cid" or something like this ...

Best regards!

More
13 years 10 months ago #90396 by Odin Mayland
It seems that this "category list" question should be its own topic. It appears to not be answering the original post.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90397 by Odin Mayland
Mark,

1. What template are you using? I am using a rockettheme template and I am having the same issue.
2. After some trouble shooting, I realized that if the K2 login module is in a popup position then the "K2 Add Item" screen does NOT appear in a popup also. Therefore, there is not a close button and the Save and Cancel buttons do NOT close the screen.

My fix for now until this bug is fixed is to comment out the "Add new item" link in the k2 login module helper.php file. I then inform the users that they have to click "My Page" and then click "Post new item". From this link, the K2 Add Item screen appears is a popup and everything works.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90398 by Odin Mayland
Does anyone else use the k2 login module in a popup?

More
13 years 9 months ago #90399 by Odin Mayland
Apparently, no one uses a k2 login module in a popup?? Or maybe it is only an issue with the Rockettheme templates?