Keyword

K2 Content Item Read More link Customisation

• Matt Reid
  • Matt Reid's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90450 by Matt Reid
Hi all, 
I am struggling quite a bit with this, the website I am talking about is www.tiam.co.za

I have a K2 Content module on the home page (the blue horizontal bar titled "Making Headlines"), this pulls the 3 most recent items from a selected category. These items have an intro text limit of 60 words. After which the read more link appears. Currently clicking on the read more link will reload the home page with the selected item displayed above the K2 Content module. And there lies the problem.

My front/home page has a large amount of custom modules taking up space at the top of the page (the 9 modules above where the selected item appears). This makes the user have to scroll down a long way before reaching the item they want to read.

The custom modules are set to only be visible on the home page, but this has no effect as clicking on the read more link KEEPS you on the home page.

So how do I tell K2 to make the read more link take the user to the item's specific page rather than stay on the home page?

Thanks in advance!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #90451 by Marian
I have exactly the same problem. I don't want to display the complete article on the home page. On the homepage I have the k2 content module with intro. I don't want another intro...

thanks

More
13 years 8 months ago #90452 by Nidheesh Chandran
Replied by Nidheesh Chandran on topic K2 Content Item Read More link Customisation
i got the same problem when i used sh404, now i disabled that and using default joomla rewriting.