Keyword

Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php)

• xtreme07
  • xtreme07's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90500 by xtreme07
Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php) was created by xtreme07
Hi,I need same customizing on tags page as with the category pages; the problem being i can't find in the backend any way of applying parameters from one category to the tags page.i'm referrring to /itemlist/tag/random-keyordby searching the forums i've only found one way to customize the tags page and that is using the generic.php pagethis won't help me much as i need each item (article) to have non-html intro text that also has to be limited to around 50 words. limiting can be done using the read more from the backend, but displaying the html version to simple text for the intro is something tricky.atm the tags page shows me the html version of the article even tho in the generic.php file  has the cmd line - echo $item->introtext; - which would suggest me that it should display plain text.I'd appreciate some help on this ..Regards,Claudiu

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• xtreme07
  • xtreme07's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90501 by xtreme07
Replied by xtreme07 on topic Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php)
i don't understand why i didn't get any reply to this topic ..
i'd appreciate even an input saying you need hard coding, or not posiible .. at least to know where i'm at

More
13 years 8 months ago #90502 by thien tran
Replied by thien tran on topic Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php)
Hey there I was wondering if you found a way to do this yet? I've been searching online for awhile and there doesn't seem like there is a way that is documented.

More
13 years 8 months ago #90503 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php)
I think it will have to be hardcoded. Echo will display both plain text and html markup. If you want to strip out the html tags use strip_tags in your php. Not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but something like this would eliminate all html tags from the introtext:

<?php echo strip_tags($item->introtext); ?>

More
13 years 8 months ago #90504 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Customizing the Tags Page (generic.php)
I just remembered there are setitngs in K2 parameters to clean up html. I haven't used them and don't know if they will affect generic info, but it's worth a try.Terry A Britton said:
I think it will have to be hardcoded. Echo will display both plain text and html markup. If you want to strip out the html tags use strip_tags in your php. Not sure exactly what you're trying to do, but something like this would eliminate all html tags from the introtext:

<?php echo strip_tags($item->introtext); ?>