Keyword

Simple product list

• Andy Lynch
  • Andy Lynch's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90584 by Andy Lynch
Simple product list was created by Andy Lynch
Hi I'm working on a site to setup a jewellery store (product listings at the moment, moving to virtuemart integration later).I've been working with K2 for a few days now and so far so good. I've setup categories, items, etc and got to grips with the layout parameters for a category listing.My problem is I want to present my products in 2 ways:1. A 'browse catalogue' option which uses the standard K2 catagories/items listings in the usual way - this I have done.2. A simple list of all products (items) with small images, heading and description. This is a list of items from ALL categories, with tiny thumbnail images.For the 'all products' list I've tried to use the Menu Item type Categories, which is pulling a list of all items from a number of selected categories. My problem is that it is also pulling the LAYOUT PARAMETERS from the category, so I cannot make it view the whole list with small images, etc. No matter what layout parameter I change in the menu item, it still uses the layout parameters defined in the CATEGORY. Is this the expected behaviour?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andy Lynch
  • Andy Lynch's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90585 by Andy Lynch
Replied by Andy Lynch on topic Simple product list
To be clear, what I'm trying to get working is 'Layout options for multiple category selection'

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.