Keyword

Shift to K2

• Bhavik Gupta
  • Bhavik Gupta's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90642 by Bhavik Gupta
Shift to K2 was created by Bhavik Gupta
Hey Guys.

First of all i would like to thank the K2 team for this wonderful Extension.

Now back to the topic , i would like to Shift from my current CMS system in joomla to K2 .

The problem is when i install K2 it doesn't automatically imports all my current data in it .

Like Comments , articles , categories and all .

SO i want to know is there a way to do this or i have to do this manually ( this would be quite messy ).

Please Help

Thanks

Well here is my site - www.techyudh.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90643 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Shift to K2
Hi,

Use the big "Import" button at the top right of the K2 Dashboard. That will import all sections/cat, articles but not comments (which come from a 3rd party). Once it's done, you can start changing your menu items to point to the new K2 content instead of the old Joomla articles.

Keep in mind this is pretty much a one time thing so make sure all your Joomla content is up to date and ready to be converted over (then disable the import button in the configuration to avoid any misclicks in the future).

Also note that a current K2.4.1 bug will not import any section/cat/article alias you have set up, it'll recreate them based on the original title overriding any custom aliases you have created.

Have fun!

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Bhavik Gupta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90644 by Bhavik Gupta
Replied by Bhavik Gupta on topic Shift to K2
Very very thanks for this ..

I don't know what went wrong but after clicking on Import the data was imported correctly but it made 2 copies of each item , that means now i had duplicate articles , categories and all .
But that was not a Big deal , deleted them manually .

The problem is the tags below the article look messy , any help would be appreciated .
Just visit the site and see , they are not aligned correctly

More
13 years 10 months ago #90645 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic Shift to K2
If you mean the graphical look of the links (with a sort of arrow/dot in the first letter), that's one of your template css styles since if you switch to the Mobile look, it goes away).

If you mean the fact that some articles have 20-30 tags... then unfortunately, that's another quirk of K2. The import function tries to be more helpful than it should and creates these tags based on your content. You'll have to delete the content of the k2_tags & k2_tags_xref tables manually to clear all these automatic tags.
Then you can go on and create your preferred taxonomy and start assigning it to your content.

I had the same issue when importing my existing articles, hopefully this auto tag creation can be an option in a future K2 version...

--Olivier

Bhavik Gupta said:Very very thanks for this ..
I don't know what went wrong but after clicking on Import the data was imported correctly but it made 2 copies of each item , that means now i had duplicate articles , categories and all .
But that was not a Big deal , deleted them manually .

The problem is the tags below the article look messy , any help would be appreciated .
Just visit the site and see , they are not aligned correctly

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Bhavik Gupta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90646 by Bhavik Gupta
Ok , thanks Again

Now i should close the discussion

• Bhavik Gupta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90647 by Bhavik Gupta
provide the link of the site please