Keyword

K2 tool Latest Item : Code hack required PLEASE

• Kalbir B Bir
  • Kalbir B Bir's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90781 by Kalbir B Bir
Hello, I have enabled the K2 tool Latest Item option on my footer at www.kalveer.com.   I get by default only the Latest Item posted by the Authors. But i want it to show The Latest 4 posts by the author instead of just 1. I looked into the code at modules\mod_k2_tools\helper.php line 75 which calls a sql query for the latest Item. $query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__k2_items  WHERE {$where} published=1 AND ( publish_up = ".$db->Quote($nullDate)." OR publish_up <= ".$db->Quote($now)." ) AND ( publish_down = ".$db->Quote($nullDate)." OR publish_down >= ".$db->Quote($now)." ) AND trash=0 AND access<={$aid} AND created_by_alias='' AND created_by={$row->created_by} AND EXISTS (SELECT * FROM #__k2_categories WHERE id= #__k2_items.catid AND published=1 AND trash=0 AND access<={$aid} )";can someone give me a sql query which calls the latest 4 items please? and is this the only code i should edit to work this? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90782 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 tool Latest Item : Code hack required PLEASE
I havent tried that but you could use mod_k2 content to do the same thing easily

• Kalbir B Bir
  • Kalbir B Bir's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90783 by Kalbir B Bir
Replied by Kalbir B Bir on topic K2 tool Latest Item : Code hack required PLEASE
Thanks William. Thats just what i wanted. I feel stupid for going all the way inside the code to get this done when it was right in front of me.