Keyword

Extra Fields: Yes/No (but hide "no")

• Alex Papakyriacou
  • Alex Papakyriacou's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90852 by Alex Papakyriacou
Extra Fields: Yes/No (but hide "no") was created by Alex Papakyriacou
Hey everyone,I'm trying to set up an extra field that shows an item as available. When this is true, the text "available" should be displayed (note the lack of label); when it's not, the field should not be displayed at all (so a radio button option of "available" or "not available" is not the solution here).The way I've hack-solved this, is by creating a label "availability" and two radio buttons: one containing the word "available" and another one containing a single space.In the front-end, K2 (and I must say that I'm impressed by this) intelligently removes the field containing the single space, so that, together with a css style of "display: none" on the label, made me think that I'd cracked this.The problem is in the back-end, however. In the extra fields tab, the user is faced with the label "availability" and then a blank radio button and the "available" button. I concede that all it takes is 30 seconds to train someone which radio button to click on, but I strive for usability and this is clearly not user-friendly.I suspect that a checkbox would leave me with the same issue. I'd prefer not to hack the core, but if there is a solution to this, that I have somehow failed to find in an hour's browsing through the forums, I may bite the bullet and go with it :)Thanks, and sorry for the lengthy post - it was for the sake of clarity.Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.