Keyword

Item shows in all categories

• anthony akajioyi
  • anthony akajioyi's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90853 by anthony akajioyi
Item shows in all categories was created by anthony akajioyi
Hi All,
Currently I have a category structure of All catgories(category)->Sports(category)->football (category)->Review (Item). Now even though I have saved review in the football category, it still displays in all of its parent categories! Is this expected behaviour??? Basically I would only want it to show in the football category, not everyone. 

For type, I am using k2 list/category. In the categories above football (All categories and Sports) the 'item view options' are set to Hide. The only thing enabled is k2 plugins. I really don't know why it would be displayed in all categories and how would I stop it from showing. 

Someone else had this problem, he posted in I think, July, but no one answered :-(

I would assume it must have something to do with my settings somewhere. 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• anthony akajioyi
More
13 years 10 months ago #90854 by anthony akajioyi
Replied by anthony akajioyi on topic Item shows in all categories
Hi, does anyone know whether this is expected behaviour??? And if it is, is there any way to change it so the item is ONLY displayed in the category it is placed in?

• anthony akajioyi
More
13 years 10 months ago #90855 by anthony akajioyi
Replied by anthony akajioyi on topic Item shows in all categories
Hi Kostas,

When I set the level render in the k2 tools module to 0, the module itself disappears. When I set it to 1, it shows me one level of the hierarchy. I don't think this will solve the issue that I have.

To clarify, imagine I had two hierarchies/breadcrumbs/levels: Sport (category)-> Football (category)-> Football review (Item) and Music(category)->Dance(category)-> Dance review (Item). The review items will be displayed in all of the parent categories. So Football review item is present in the Football category and the Sport category. I would like it simply to display in the Football category. The same is for Dance review item. It can be seen in Dance category and Music category. I would want it just in Dance category.

Would you know how I could get the item to display in just one category and not the parent categories as well???

Thanks .