Keyword

PLEASE HELP: Categories show but items do not

• Shotgun
  • Shotgun's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90879 by Shotgun
Went to add a new item this afternoon and now have big problem. All the categories content (description) will show up just fine, but none of the items content (description) are displayed. The menu bar, meta tag info, title and site description show up when you click on an item, but none of the content (description) of the item shows up. Was working fine and then all of a sudden I am hosed. Any ideas??? Please help, major advertising push from manufacturer this month and my clients site is now not working...

Check it out at:

www.refineyourskin.com

All of the main menu 1st line links are to categories. The other links in the drop down areas are to items. NONE of the drop down links will show the item content...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Shotgun
More
13 years 10 months ago #90880 by Shotgun
Replied by Shotgun on topic PLEASE HELP: Categories show but items do not
The items are still shown on the backend in the "items" area, but they do not show up on the front end when you click on the menu bar or any of their links...

• Shotgun
More
13 years 10 months ago #90881 by Shotgun
Replied by Shotgun on topic PLEASE HELP: Categories show but items do not
I restored the sites home directory and that did nothing, then did a restore on the database and it worked. Problem I have now is all the changes I made to the site in the last 2 days are gone. So moral of the story is, back up your database EVERY TIME you make changes with this scripting.

I have no idea why the database was effected at all... The only thing I did was create an item, add the item link to the menu bar and associate the item to that menu. Something we all do with no problems but for some reason this time it did a trick on the database. Just got to love this, now another 16 hours to rebuild what I have lost......