Keyword

When I select an image on the ITEM image tab, it doesn't show up

• Smart Guy Computing
  • Smart Guy Computing's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90886 by Smart Guy Computing
When I select and image via upload OR browse on server, it doesn't display on the item page nor do I see a preview on the image tab for that item as I would when selecting a category image. Since I can see it in the category image tab, I am lost as to what the cause of the problem is. My permissions are all 777 on the test server.

Another note.. when I upload an image on the category options, it displays fine. When I upload an image on the item options, it goes through the motions of uploading and when its done and the page refreshes, it is the way it was when I first loaded it. No image preview and on the front end, no image.

Ideas anybody?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90887 by william white
I have had the same problem when trying to upload large images. Try using a small jpg, one just larger than the large size that is going to be created by k2. Also keep the filename simple and consistant "filename.jpg"

• Smart Guy Computing
More
13 years 10 months ago #90888 by Smart Guy Computing
Hi William. I did try using a test .jpg file with a simple name (robodog.jpg) that was less than 20KB in size with the same result. It's so weird. Works great when I add an image to a category, but on an item it fails.It simply uploads the image (or so it seems) and then returns me back to the main screen for editing that item and when I go to the image tab. nothing (see screencap below). If I view the actual item's page, only text. no image.

I AM using the K2Profiler template form K2Joom, but this shouldn't affect anything. It's a very perplexing puzzle.

• Smart Guy Computing
More
13 years 10 months ago #90889 by Smart Guy Computing
I just wanted to post that user Nick Texidor solved this issue for anyone else having this problem. Solution is below;

For those people having problems with the uploading of files, and have already ruled out a problem with permissions, I have a solution....

The quick fix is to edit /administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php. Go to the init() function, and change the following variables from true to false:

$this->mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this->mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

You are 'SUPPOSED' to be able to override these settings in the calling script, however, because of a fundamental flaw in the design, it doesn't actually work :^)

More
13 years 10 months ago #90890 by william white
I have seen that post, but i dont understand why I have not had this problem on many sites on my dedicated server. Could it be server/hosting settings causing some to get this error?