Keyword

When I select an image on the ITEM image tab, it doesn't show up as a preview OR on my item page.

• Smart Guy Computing
  • Smart Guy Computing's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90891 by Smart Guy Computing
It works great when I add an image to a category, but when I try to add an image to an item it fails.It simply uploads the image (or so it seems) and then returns me back to the main screen for editing that item and when I go to the image tab. nothing (see screencap below). If I view the actual item's page, only text. no image.
This is the same if I attempt to attach an image via upload OR by browsing to an image already on the server. I have even tested with a small jpg to make certain size was not an issue. Since I can see it (the image) perfectly fine in the category image tab, I am at a loss as to what the cause of the problem is. My permissions are all 777 on the test server.

I AM using the K2Profiler template from K2Joom, but this shouldn't affect anything. It's a very perplexing puzzle. Ideas anybody?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Smart Guy Computing
  • Smart Guy Computing's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90892 by Smart Guy Computing
I just wanted to post that user Nick Texidor solved this issue for anyone else having this problem. Solution is below;

For those people having problems with the uploading of files, and have already ruled out a problem with permissions, I have a solution....

The quick fix is to edit /administrator/components/com_k2/lib/class.upload.php. Go to the init() function, and change the following variables from true to false:

$this->mime_fileinfo = false; // MIME detection with Fileinfo PECL extension
$this->mime_file = false; // MIME detection with UNIX file() command
$this->mime_magic = false; // MIME detection with mime_magic (mime_content_type())

You are 'SUPPOSED' to be able to override these settings in the calling script, however, because of a fundamental flaw in the design, it doesn't actually work :^)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.