Keyword

[SOLVED] Help - Lost my Backend SuperAdmin Login on localhost XAMPP

• Chris Hewlett
  • Chris Hewlett's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90900 by Chris Hewlett
Hello,I am somewhat new to J! and started integrating K2 into my web site (not yet live, hosted locally on XAMPP) yesterday. After making some changes, I logged out last night. Now, this morning, I am unable to log back in as my normal username (super administrator).The only change I can think may be relevant is that I disabled the Joomla login in favor of the K2 login. I thought this change would be for the front-end only. Now, for that reason or another, I am dead in the water.I looked through the forum and found a method of using PHPAdmin to create a new super administrator account. I typed in http://localhost/phpmydamin into a browser and it gave me an error:
#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
<br/><br/><br/><br/>
I am confused and hope someone with more experience can help me out of this pickle. I have a backup from yesterday, but would like to fix the problem and learn something in the process if possible.Regards,Chris(Edited later that day)Grabbing info from different posts, I was able to get into a PHPMyAdmin config file (config.inc.php) and input what I thought the password should have been.Once in phpmyadmin, I went to the table jos_plugins.Found the User - Joomla! entryClicked on the Edit iconWent to the field where it says published and changed that from 0 to 1All is good now.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.