Keyword

change "edit article"-link

• huibu - Ulrike
  • huibu - Ulrike's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90907 by huibu - Ulrike
change "edit article"-link was created by huibu - Ulrike
Hi,
first of all: I'm new to Joomla and k2, so I want to say "hello" and "thank you a lot for your patience"!

I have a problem with the edit article window from frontend. I removed the modal-kram in different files, but the windows to add or edit an article are still skittish:
they are to big and they don't forward to the edited article - you have to cancel the article-editing to get back to the pageview.

So I would like to edit the window-link from "component/k2/item/edit/53.html?tmpl=component" to "component/k2/item/edit/53.html" if this were possible and made sense. Then, after saving the article, I would like to be redirected to the article or the category.

I don't know, in which files I can find this two (or more?) links. Where can I search? :-)

Thanks a lot!
huibu - Ulrikenow I see: a few minutes before the same or similar problem had been discussed inhttp://community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-cancel-add-new-item-from?xg_source=activityand it seems, as if this could be the solution for the redirection after saving the edited article.in spite of that, I'd like to change the window-link to "component/k2/item/edit/53.html", if it is possible and works...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• huibu - Ulrike
More
13 years 10 months ago #90908 by huibu - Ulrike
Replied by huibu - Ulrike on topic change "edit article"-link
now I changed the item.php in models

//Edit link
if (K2HelperPermissions::canEditItem($item->created_by,$item->catid))
$item->editLink = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=edit&cid='.$item->id);

and I don't get the "lightbox" any more.
it saves the edition as it should, but than redirects to

index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&task=edit&cid=52&tmpl=component

and - the second lack - I can not cancel any more...

but I really like the item edition in the usual joomla article-edition-look, I must say.

may be, one of you knows what to change, to get this ready without any more mootools-conflicts??

thanks a lot!

• huibu - Ulrike
More
13 years 10 months ago #90909 by huibu - Ulrike
Replied by huibu - Ulrike on topic change "edit article"-link
I think I will leave it as it is.
I removed all modals, but the window looks the same, the behaviour is the same.

so I will leave the big windows, which don't close after saving and rename the button "cancel" to "close" (clicking "cancel" or "sidebar" is the only way to get back to the normal frontend) to make it understandable... strange, but true.

The other solution I quoted above does not work in my installation.

cheers!