Keyword

Add readmore tag, left/right modules jump below content - on 2 different templates!!

• johnselekta
  • johnselekta's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90958 by johnselekta
Hi
I recently added a read more tag to an article (category view page) and it broke my layout. left and right modules jump below the content. I can't work it out.

Similarly, on another site, I did something similar and the modules also jumped below the content!!

Why is this and what am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90959 by william white
This sounds like a template issue, which template are you using. I have seen grid type templates do this before if things arent set just right

• johnselekta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90960 by johnselekta
Yeah I kinda gathered that but it only occurs using k2 category layout, but not front page blog layout.

Main template is Ja Purity Ii

Like I say it happens when turning on 'Read More' in K2.

What CSS rule will I need to tweak, HR? A certain type of HR? Would really appreciate a suggestion here, I'm pretty handy with CSS and troubleshooting - just not with K2 it's got a mind of it's own sometimes ;-)

Ta

JohnWilliam White said:This sounds like a template issue, which template are you using. I have seen grid type templates do this before if things arent set just right

• johnselekta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90961 by johnselekta
OK so I found this on the Joomla bug tracker - how would I implement this in K2?

forge.joomla.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItemEdit&tracker_item_id=5364

Looks to be the identical problem but in Joomla core as well. I take it K2 doesn't use the file

templates/html/com_content/frontpage/default_item.php

to build pages?

More
13 years 10 months ago #90962 by william white

• johnselekta
More
13 years 10 months ago #90963 by johnselekta
Yes I know all this thanks though. I have an override which I will shortly look into (might be missing a closing div) - but what I need to know is:
 This joomla example remedies frontpage layout. I'm getting the same on an unmodded k2 layout elsewhere. Anyone else able to shed some light on this?
Anyone hit a similar problem? If so exactly what did you do to fix it?William White said:K2 uses com_k2

• johnselekta
More
13 years 9 months ago #90964 by johnselekta
Solved!! All I needed was 1 more closing div tag at the end of the category.php file. Drove me INSANE until William got on a troubleshoot with me and allowed me to see the wood through the trees!