Keyword

how can i change media folder

• nusilmar
  • nusilmar's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90970 by nusilmar
how can i change media folder was created by nusilmar
i have the following problem ( or i can't understand how this works)

When i put an image on an item ( in image tab) i have the option to get that image from my computer or by browsing server. now thats my problem. every image i use by this method is placed in root/media/k2, but when i'm going to browse server i can only navigate through root/images. How can i re-use an image placed this way ?

Hope you understand my question, if not i try to explain better.

Nusilmar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #90971 by william white
Replied by william white on topic how can i change media folder
K2 stores item images that you upload in the folder /YourServerRoot/media/k2/items/src
It stores the images it generates in /YourServerRoot/media/k2/items/cache
Notice that the images have generated filenames with xs,s,m,l,and xl for the k2 sizes of the images it creates
If you are trying to insert the images directly into an article or k2 item, it will be difficult to find the file as the name is generated with something like md5 hash.
I think most people use the K2 images for its built in ability to display the item images and
upload the images they want to place manually into another accessible directory

• nusilmar
  • nusilmar's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 10 months ago #90972 by nusilmar
Replied by nusilmar on topic how can i change media folder
i agree with that but i cannot agree that i have to do other image upload in order to re-use the same image on another item. and for some people strugling with some space on their free web host accounts it would be a duplication of some images. if i could have access to that folder directly through browse server option ( not limit to image folder but to entire site) then i could access those images, obviously with some kind of permissions ( mainly admin)

More
13 years 7 months ago #90973 by Markus Amanto
Replied by Markus Amanto on topic how can i change media folder
I was looking for a similar solution and posted a reply on this thread about it:

Where K2 store articles images in database?