Keyword

Layout options for multiple category selection for mod_k2_content

• Kristian Botnen
  • Kristian Botnen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91044 by Kristian Botnen
Hi,

Im new to this forum so Ill appologize if this goes to wrong category, but here goes:

Im trying to layout a frontpage for a "News" site. I need to be able to use the "Layout options" so I can split articles into "leading", "primary", "second" etc. This works well when using the menu item "K2 -> Categories".

But due to formatting of the frontpage I need to place content via modules (in my case mod_k2_content), but this one doesnt have the ability to "Layuout options". 

Any tips on how to achieve what I want with module instead of menuitem (component view)?

I have created a picture to show what I trying to make the module output.

-Kristian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91045 by william white
You might try creating the menu link you want, copy the url, create a custom html module to show that link, and use modules anywhere for display

More
13 years 9 months ago #91046 by Alan Sparkes
You just gotta get jiggy with template overrides...ie create a template just for that category that displays primary image and title/strapline at the top, secondary in two columns below etc
Mock it up in html, cross browser check it, then create a template just for that category which has only the output you want in it.

• Kristian Botnen
  • Kristian Botnen's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91047 by Kristian Botnen
Thanks for suggestion.

It seems that I have to investigate the sub templating option of the modules. Thanks for reply both of you. Ill probably post the resulting template if I manage to create it so others that are looking for the same can reuse it.

-Kristian