• Odin Mayland
  • Odin Mayland's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #91053 by Odin Mayland
Text size compared to columns was created by Odin Mayland
Menu Item Type: CategoriesParameters (Basic): Multiple Categories selected

The sub template font size is 24pt for the catItemTitle

This looks fine when you only are showing 1-4 columns of items.  But I am trying to set up a page to show images and names of all the client'semployees.  It looks best with 5 columns.  But the 24pt text is too big and overlaps and wraps.  

1. Is there a way to dynamically control the font size depending on the number of columns?
2. Or do I have to create a special sub-template just for this one page?  If so is there a limit to the number of sub-templates?  Do they slow down the site?
3. Or should I do it with a Page Class Suffix?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91054 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Text size compared to columns
You can have as many k2templates as you wish. I would set the titles to show all on a single line and the images would line up nicely. I think that even if you tested for number of columns and mixed font sizes you may end up with images not lining up as well...

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #91055 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Text size compared to columns
The item title at 24pt is just too long and automatically wraps to the next line. I can't shorten their names so I will ahve to change the font to 18pt manually. I guess I would have to create a sub-template that was a copy of k2rounded but has 18pt for the titles.

Will having so many sub templates slow the load time on the site as a whole?

More
13 years 9 months ago #91056 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Text size compared to columns
It really shouldn't slow things down as it only loads one each time the page is rendered

More
13 years 9 months ago #91057 by johnselekta
Replied by johnselekta on topic Text size compared to columns
Would it not be easier to just force a fixed height for your header area to balance this out? That's got to be so much easier, although you wouldn't learn anything about K2 doing this, obviously! Just an initial thought.

• Odin Mayland
  • Platinum Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #91058 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Text size compared to columns
John Selekta said:Would it not be easier to just force a fixed height for your header area to balance this out? That's got to be so much easier, although you wouldn't learn anything about K2 doing this, obviously! Just an initial thought.

Please elaborate. I do not understand how changing the header would effect the item title wrapping due to it being 24pt.