Keyword

Category Page - image loading is flawed

• Andrew Neighbour
  • Andrew Neighbour's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91137 by Andrew Neighbour
Category Page - image loading is flawed was created by Andrew Neighbour
I'm using K2 and a Rocket Theme Template for a product catalog for a local retail store.When the visitor clicks on the menu to load the category view with catalog page view set to on, every other category in the three column layout does not show the related category image, unless the visitor refreshes the page after it first loads.This happens with all browsers; has been seen here with different templates; and is not specific to the categories, i.e. if you change the category order, you get the same positions failing to load.Screen captures are attached of the problem, then the refreshed views, but it can be experienced here www.backattheranch.com/bootsI'd welcome any suggestions as to where I might look to fix this.Thanks,Andrew
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91138 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Category Page - image loading is flawed
Nice site, when i go to home, then click boots, all the images are loading ok, then when i go to Our Store, or Where To Buy, and back to boots, the images still load correctly. Please send a link to the page that is not loading properly.

• Andrew Neighbour
More
13 years 9 months ago #91139 by Andrew Neighbour
Replied by Andrew Neighbour on topic Category Page - image loading is flawed
Hi William - the link in my original message is to the page that doesn't load properly. Maybe it's only on some computers...my client, her sister and the folks in the store all have the same problem. They use IE - I use Firefox mostly, but have tested it on other browsers.

• Andrew Neighbour
More
13 years 9 months ago #91140 by Andrew Neighbour
Replied by Andrew Neighbour on topic Category Page - image loading is flawed
BTW - thanks for the compliment!
A

More
13 years 9 months ago #91141 by johnselekta
Replied by johnselekta on topic Category Page - image loading is flawed
Maybe try using a lazy image load plugin or preload the images..this might force the imagery to load.

I've only ever seen this happen on dialup! Maybe it could be your webhost or something like that...