Keyword

Column layout formatting

• MuffinDCC
  • MuffinDCC's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91173 by MuffinDCC
Column layout formatting was created by MuffinDCC
Hello,This is in essence, a feedback request, in regards to the HTML output for columns. Naturally, with the templating ability, it is simply to replace the default template to match your own needs. However, certain features, I believe, should be in the default template itself; making it far simpler for 3rd party themes to style effectively, and for beginnings to have greater ease with K2.I am specifically referring to the watch that columns are setup in K2. They are achieved through inline styling of widths. Using inline styling for such things is inconsistent and seemingly odd. A better place, in my opinion, would be through the CSS, allowing for overrides.Accordingly, a CSS solution would require a class name to determine the number of columns such as <div class="itemContainer itemColumns2"> and <div class="itemContainer itemContainerLast itemColumns2"> which would identify the container as part of a 2 column structure.Such a class name in the default template, would allow for CSS control over columns, which is fundamental in an elaborate and detailed style for K2 content.SummaryTherefore, my request can be summised as follows:1. Remove inline styling for K2 columns2. Replace the inline styles with classes for the number of couns such as itemContainerColumn2 etc...3. Possibly add a new class of itemContainerFirst, to accompany the itemContainerLast series.Kind regards,James

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.