Keyword

Help with K2 JS conflict - PLEASE!!!

• carol Manoogian
  • carol Manoogian's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91187 by carol Manoogian
Help with K2 JS conflict - PLEASE!!! was created by carol Manoogian
I cannot get rating or comments to work.  I have disabled EVERY module and plugin one by one and tested the rating, but it just shows the refreshing symbol.  I uninstalled K2 and then reinstalled and still have the same issue.  
Does anyone have any other idea about what could be causing this issue.  I am using rockettheme mixxmag. 

The test blog can be viewed here: www.nohoartsdistrict.com/joomla/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=1:test&Itemid=248

Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91188 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Help with K2 JS conflict - PLEASE!!!
Hi CHM,

It's not a JS conflict but a wrong domain name configuration.

your item page in on www.nohoartsdistrict.com and the K2 Ajax code tries to update comments and ratings on nohoartsdistrict.com (no www)

Ajax is configured to work with the same website and so, in this case, considers www.nohoartsdistrict.com different from nohoartsdistrict.com. And it's right !

You have to configure your website to always use the same domain name base.

I've successfully commented an item ont he page without 'www'

Olivier

• carol Manoogian
  • carol Manoogian's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91189 by carol Manoogian
Replied by carol Manoogian on topic Help with K2 JS conflict - PLEASE!!!
Hi Olivier,

I thought the issue was solved, but apparently users are still having a problem if they have www before the url. What file should I edit to ensure that all users get the http when viewing k2 and not www.

Thanks

More
13 years 9 months ago #91190 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic Help with K2 JS conflict - PLEASE!!!
Hi CHM,

You can do that via a .htaccess file in your Joomla! directory that redirects all 'www.domainname.com' to 'domainname.com' and see with your registrar if he can force the redirection in the domain DNS configuration.

Olivier

CHM said:Hi Olivier,
I thought the issue was solved, but apparently users are still having a problem if they have www before the url. What file should I edit to ensure that all users get the http when viewing k2 and not www.

Thanks