Keyword

Is there any way to use FlowPlayer instead of JWplayer?

• NorthernLights
  • NorthernLights's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91246 by NorthernLights
The title says it all really. I know there's a bunch of good FlowPlayer components/modules/plugins for Joomla. The plugin one is particularly good, so I'm wondering if there's any way to get K2 to use that plugin instead of AllVideo's. Alternately, is there a way to get the AllVideos plugin to use FlowPlayer instead?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #91247 by Jeff Whitmore
A late answer but my method isn't exactly pretty but I made a new template for my K2 category that contains my videos and then modified category_item.php and item.php to include my flowplayer code.

My flowplayer then pulls the video and image I selected for the item in the K2 admin.

It would be nice though if K2 just replaced the JW video player with Flowplayer or gave you the option which you wanted to use. As far as I can tell the JW video player doesn't support h.264 encoded MP4's unlike Flowplayer.

In this example setup, Flowplayer is configured to support pseudo http streaming so people can fast forward through the videos and also configured so iPhones and iPads will bypass the flash and just play the MP4 video.

More
13 years 7 months ago #91248 by Simon Wells
This should be posted as a feature request.

Simon

K2 Support

More
13 years 5 months ago #91249 by Ankur Mittal
okay feature requested simon ;)