Keyword

K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!

• B_Dark
  • B_Dark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #91395 by B_Dark
At hwdVideoShare they found this method to use the discuss bot of kunena forum for being used as a comment system.How can we do something similar for K2?Am giving you exactly what the team of hwdVideoShare  changed in the discuss bot of kunena.hwdVideoShare Comment system with Kunena 1.6
If you are using Kunena 1.6, you can use the original version however,
you will need to modify the file called kunenadiscuss.php. Around line
74, edit this:function enabled() {  if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_content')
  return true;
 if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_kunena')
  return true;
 return false;
}[/code]
To this:function enabled() {  if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_content')
  return true;
 if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_kunena')
  return true;
 if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_hwdvideoshare')
  return true;
 if ($this->_app->scope == 'com_hwdphotoshare')
  return true;
 return false;
}[/code]
Around line 372, edit this:$fields  = "
Article cannot be shown
";[/code]
To this:global $option, $Itemid; if ($option == "com_hwdvideoshare")
{
 $url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&video_id='.$row->id);
 $title = stripslashes($row->title);
 $fields  = "Discuss video: [url=".$url."]".$title."[/url]";
}
else if ($option == "com_hwdphotoshare")
{
 $url = JRoute::_('index.php?option=com_hwdphotoshare&task=viewphoto&Itemid='.$Itemid.'&photo_id='.$row->id);
 $title = stripslashes($row->title);
 if (empty($title)) { $title = "photo"; }
 $fields  = "Discuss photo: [url=".$url."]".$title."[/url]";
}
else
{
 $fields  = "
Article cannot be shown
";
}[/code]
Then, go to your Joomla plugin manager, and edit the Content - Kunena Discuss plugin. In the parameters, enter the following into your Category Mapping field:5551,A;5552,B;5553,C;5554,D[/code]
Where A is the Kunena category you wish to discuss hwdVideoShare videos.
Where B is the Kunena category you wish to discuss hwdVideoShare groups.
Where C is the Kunena category you wish to discuss hwdPhotoShare photos.
Where D is the Kunena category you wish to discuss hwdPhotoShare groups.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #91396 by B_Dark
Replied by B_Dark on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
any help?!?!

More
13 years 7 months ago #91397 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
It boggles me that the biggest forum component for Joomla has not developed, nor seems interested in developing a discuss plugin for something as popular as K2... I too am looking for a discuss bot solution and all this messing around is really putting me off using Kunena.

In all honesty I think the whole attitude nowadays of 3pd sucks when it comes to interactivity - Joomla has just got too many addons available and none of them seem to be developed with the view of working with others.

Has anyone got the kunena discussbot working for Kunena 1.6.2+? I read that it should work natively for K2 but the mambot code is doing nothing and any support questions on the Kunena forum seem to be 'well this is a K2 issue so go there'

Leigh

More
13 years 7 months ago #91398 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
Leigh,

I have been in contact with several companies the provides major Joomla components that have no interest.Dispite the huge numbers of K2 users and sites that could increase their sales if they supported K2.

One in particular was not even interested when I requested it as a paid job.

I ditched Kunena long ago due to poor attitude and the last week have been working with NinjaBoard.Pre sales support is excellant, I have even been contacted by the lead dev who gave me one to one support and to be honet, they have a decent framework in which a plugin could be written to export data to items.

Another project added to the list.

Simon

K2Support 

bunglehaze said:

It boggles me that the biggest forum component for Joomla has not developed, nor seems interested in developing a discuss plugin for something as popular as K2... I too am looking for a discuss bot solution and all this messing around is really putting me off using Kunena.

In all honesty I think the whole attitude nowadays of 3pd sucks when it comes to interactivity - Joomla has just got too many addons available and none of them seem to be developed with the view of working with others.

Has anyone got the kunena discussbot working for Kunena 1.6.2+? I read that it should work natively for K2 but the mambot code is doing nothing and any support questions on the Kunena forum seem to be 'well this is a K2 issue so go there'

Leigh

• B_Dark
  • Premium Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #91399 by B_Dark
Replied by B_Dark on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
So, we forget about kunena and we focus on Ninjaboard?? Is there any future in Ninjaboard for K2???

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:
Leigh,

I have been in contact with several companies the provides major Joomla components that have no interest.Dispite the huge numbers of K2 users and sites that could increase their sales if they supported K2.

One in particular was not even interested when I requested it as a paid job.

I ditched Kunena long ago due to poor attitude and the last week have been working with NinjaBoard.Pre sales support is excellant, I have even been contacted by the lead dev who gave me one to one support and to be honet, they have a decent framework in which a plugin could be written to export data to items.

Another project added to the list.

Simon

K2Support 

bunglehaze said:

Leigh

More
13 years 7 months ago #91400 by bunglehaze
Replied by bunglehaze on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
Simon, I have looked at Ninjaboard but a few things stand out.

A: it is an unknown entity - barely stable and with so few users can it be trusted longterm? So many forums in Joomla have come and gone.

B: I cannot install the damn thing, I tried but I get permission errors, unable to transfer file errors, partially written component files etc etc, the list goes on which brings me back to A:

C: There is no discussion plugin available yet which defeats the purpose, im unsure about the long term aim of ninjaboard but I assume it will be subscription based and I have previously had subs with them, I must have cancelled for a reason (cant remember what though)

To my mind Kunena need to look at the bigger picture, communities need to bond with the site they are based around and realistically a discuss plugin SHOULD be written that interacts with the top 3-4 CCK/Blogging components, by not doing they are only forcing users elsewhere not growing their own brand.

For such a feature to work I think it should not only work with the top components but also have the function to post to Facebook (as a radio button) which improves site use and ultimately re-inforces the product.

As for your answer, I am unsure about Ninjaboard for the reasons I have given but I guess if this is going to be the state of Kunena VS K2 it might turn out to be the only option - they need to bring out an all singing and dancing discuss plugin to let us see and sway public opinion.

More
13 years 1 week ago #91401 by dilemtl
Replied by dilemtl on topic K2 Comment system with Kunena Discuss Bot?!
What's the state of this ?

People seem to ask for K2 and Kunena compatibility for years...

ZOO in working on a Kunena Discuss Plugin Beta (doesn't seem to work yet... www.yoonique.net/index.php?option=com_zoo&task=item&item_id=28 )

Seblod told me "it could be good to do for now but ultimatly in the end Seblod will be your forum/ticket support/e.t.c. in one!!!!" (but it doesn't seem realistic in the near future... www.seblod.com/network/forum/109-Feature-Requests/28210-Kunena-Discuss-Plugin-in-Seblod-CCK.html#28220 )

I'd really like to use Kunena's Dicuss Plugin as the comments system on my CCK's articles and automaticly create a forum's topic ! (or are you guys working on a better comments/forums/tickets system as well ?)