Keyword

Modifying the options displayed when logged in

• Alex Rees
  • Alex Rees's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91421 by Alex Rees
Hi, I would like to remove the options "my page" and "my account" which display when a user is logged in.  The reason for this is that they take up valuable room and there will be other ways for users to edit this information.From Googling I've discovered that I need to edit "userblock.php" file located inside mod_k2_login/tmpl directory, but the tmpl directory does not exist on my install (I'm using v 2.4.1).  Does anyone know where I can find this file?Thanks for any help,Alex

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91422 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Modifying the options displayed when logged in
You can do this by overriding the mod_k2_login and editing userblock.php if i understand your question correctly.
The directory structures of overrides are sometimes confusing - or at least to me.
The file lives in the core at: /YourRootDirectory/modules/mod_k2_login/tmpl/userblock.php
but should be put in: /YourRootDirectory/templates/YourCurrentTemplate/html/mod_k2_login/userblock.php
AFter creating the override, remove or comment out the lines you do not what to show

• Alex Rees
  • Alex Rees's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91423 by Alex Rees
Replied by Alex Rees on topic Modifying the options displayed when logged in
Great thanks very much. I copied userblock.php to /YourRootDirectory/templates/YourCurrentTemplate/html/mod_k2_login and modified it there and that seems to have done the trick. Thanks!

More
13 years 9 months ago #91424 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Modifying the options displayed when logged in
Welcome