Keyword

Front End Edit - No Exit

• jsmith1611
  • jsmith1611's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91441 by jsmith1611
Front End Edit - No Exit was created by jsmith1611
Hello, I know this has been discussed in the forum, but I have not found an answer yet.  I am using Joomla 1.5.20 and K2 version 2.4.1.My problem is with Front End edits and adds.  When you edit or add an item from the front end, the editor works fine, with the exception of navigating back to the site.  I want my users to be able to Save the item and return to the site without using the Browser back button.I have found a quirky, buggy way to do this however.  After you save an article, if you double-click on the Toggle Sidebar, it returns you to the site.  This cannot be the intended method and I am certainly not going to tell my clients to do it this way.The Cancel button does nothing at all.  Is this a bug, because it sure seems like one.  Is there some kind of conflict between Joomla and K2?Thanks in advance for any assistance.Josh SmithMirror Image Branding

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91442 by Diana
Replied by Diana on topic Front End Edit - No Exit
I need a solution for this problem too, can someone help us???

More
13 years 9 months ago #91443 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Front End Edit - No Exit
what is your screen resolution?
try bumping it up a bit and see if you then can see an X at the top right

More
13 years 9 months ago #91444 by Diana
I find the solution to my problem!!!!! Maybe this works for you too. But I already posted the solution in another forum and I don't have to much time so I'll paste it here.....the problem is that it's in spanish, sorry but I don't have time now to write it again in english.

Finalmente lo he logrado, tras rebuscar en muchos foros y en el sitio oficial del k2 y no encontrar nada que resolviera mi problema he buscado la solucion con la ayuda de todos los que exponen ideas en los foros.

No encontre manera de hacerlo de la via sencilla, o sea descubri que el K2 no brinda la opcion de "añadir articulo" para incorporarla a un item de menu.

Al revisar esto que escribio el amigo Olsen descubri que el codigo que llama a esta funcionalidad esta en misitiojoomla/modules/mod_k2_login/tmpl y es el siguiente fragmento:

Pues me descargue un módulo para crear nuestro propio contenido que permite insertar nuestro codigo html, php, javascript.....Es una muy buena herramienta y gratuita. Se llama mod_customcode y se puede descargar desde:

www.joomlaspan.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=...

Lo instale y publique en mi sitio. En los parametros del modulo trae un espacio para insertar el codigo de lo que queremos que nos muestre dentro del mismo. Alli simplemente copie lo que necesitaba para hacer mi propio menu de usuario con una mezcla de las opciones del cb con las del k2 y quedo asi:

Y PERFECTO!!!!! Todo resuelto,

lo pongo aqui para que otros tengan acceso a una solucion que yo no encontre, espero les sirva!!!!!

I hope you can traslate it, it is a very good solution and you can be able to put the "Add item" link in another menu item in the front end, and the cancel button does work!!!

More
13 years 9 months ago #91445 by Diana
I'm sorry but the component in this page doesn't allud me to introduce code, It assumes it like html code, but here you can see the same answer in another forum : es.getk2.org/foru/foro/8-problemas-generales/326-crear-nuevo-articulo-desde-el-front-usando-k2-y-cb#342

Patricia said:I find the solution to my problem!!!!! Maybe this works for you too. But I already posted the solution in another forum and I don't have to much time so I'll paste it here.....the problem is that it's in spanish, sorry but I don't have time now to write it again in english.
Finalmente lo he logrado, tras rebuscar en muchos foros y en el sitio oficial del k2 y no encontrar nada que resolviera mi problema he buscado la solucion con la ayuda de todos los que exponen ideas en los foros.

No encontre manera de hacerlo de la via sencilla, o sea descubri que el K2 no brinda la opcion de "añadir articulo" para incorporarla a un item de menu.

Al revisar esto que escribio el amigo Olsen descubri que el codigo que llama a esta funcionalidad esta en misitiojoomla/modules/mod_k2_login/tmpl y es el siguiente fragmento:

Pues me descargue un módulo para crear nuestro propio contenido que permite insertar nuestro codigo html, php, javascript.....Es una muy buena herramienta y gratuita. Se llama mod_customcode y se puede descargar desde:

www.joomlaspan.com/index.php?option=com_sobi2&sobi2Task=...

Lo instale y publique en mi sitio. En los parametros del modulo trae un espacio para insertar el codigo de lo que queremos que nos muestre dentro del mismo. Alli simplemente copie lo que necesitaba para hacer mi propio menu de usuario con una mezcla de las opciones del cb con las del k2 y quedo asi:

Y PERFECTO!!!!! Todo resuelto,

lo pongo aqui para que otros tengan acceso a una solucion que yo no encontre, espero les sirva!!!!!

I hope you can traslate it, it is a very good solution and you can be able to put the "Add item" link in another menu item in the front end, and the cancel button does work!!!

• jsmith1611
More
13 years 9 months ago #91446 by jsmith1611
Replied by jsmith1611 on topic Front End Edit - No Exit
William, thanks for your reply. My resolution is pretty high: 1280 X 1024. I can see the cancel button just fine, if that is the "x" you are referring to. This button does nothing. My Add Item screen opens full screen, not as a modal window. This may be part of the problem. Any ideas?

Thanks

William White said:what is your screen resolution? try bumping it up a bit and see if you then can see an X at the top right

More
13 years 9 months ago #91447 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Front End Edit - No Exit
The next thing to check is motools and jquery. Search here for confilcts between the two.
Also, look at the information tab in the k2 dashboard and be sure everything is enabled.

• jsmith1611
More
13 years 9 months ago #91448 by jsmith1611
Replied by jsmith1611 on topic Front End Edit - No Exit
You are correct, it is a conflict between the jquery engine on my front page slideshow component and k2. Unfortunately, the mootools engine doesn't work on the slideshow, so I have to use the jquery. The Add Item opens fine from other pages. I will just have to find a work around.

Thanks again for the assistance.

William White said:The next thing to check is motools and jquery. Search here for confilcts between the two. Also, look at the information tab in the k2 dashboard and be sure everything is enabled.