Keyword

Existing Articles: Can't edit tags or use Toggle Sidebar

More
13 years 9 months ago #91449 by brite
Hello,I was having an issue with an older version of K2 where the tabs weren't showing up in the back-end. I updated to the latest version and now can see the tabs.However, several functions do not work on existing articles. Using these features on a New article work just fine. But once an article is created and I edit it, these features are  non-functional:- Toggle Sidebar doesn't work- Adding new Tags doesn't work. Also, applying tags to an article, or removing them doesn't work.- Add attachment field doesn't workSeems to possibly be a java script issue. But, since it only manifests itself on an existing article, I am not sure what to examine for a possible cause.I'd sure appreciate some help if anyone has some ideas?Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91450 by brite
Thought I would share the cause of this issue in the event someone else has this problem.

Uninstalling K2 and Reinstalling didn't help.

While going through and individually installing the K2 data database tables from backups, jos_k2_items was the problem table. Like mentioned before, new items worked fine in the backend, yet old items wouldn't work (Toggle sidebar non-functional, tags add/remove non-functional, attachments, etc. Everything that seemed to rely on javascript).

Deleting data from each field in K2 didn't have any result. I then tried this in PHPMYADMIN until I found that this field was the problem item:

gallery varchar(255) value = {gallery}1{/gallery}

Each of my entries had a gallery assignment similar to above. Removing this item in PHPMYADMIN fixed the problem. But, reinstalling the gallery just reintroduced the issue.

I was using Joomlaworks Simple Image Gallery Pro 2.04. Upgrading to 2.05 appears to have fixed this issue.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.