Keyword

K2 Tools gives another URL than menu position does, and...

• Adam Romanowski
  • Adam Romanowski's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91465 by Adam Romanowski
Hi everyone! Greetings from Poland.This is my first message here but the problem is quite serious. At least to me.I have a menu position for K2 (a list of categories) and K2 Tools module in my sidebar (as a list of categories too).Another important issue is my layout (self-made). It checks if sidebar position have any modules to be loaded on the current page. If the amount is bigger than 0, sidebar appears and we have 2 columns there. If amount of modules in sidebar is 0, there is only 1 column and sidebar isn't shown at all.The problem is that I want all modules from sidebar to be loaded for this K2 menu position. When I go to any category by clicking it in the K2 Tools module then I see this page without sidebar, becouse Joomla doesn't treat it as an element of the K2 menu position. Everything works proper when I go tho this page by clicking menu position and then category. Even URLs are different."Menu position" link to some category is like this (menu position-> cotegories-> the category): 127.0.0.1/Joomla/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=2:zdrowie&Itemid=7K2 Tools link (module-> the category):127.0.0.1/Joomla/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&task=category&id=2:zdrowieYou know, when the position isn't active I have no sidebar. This is the problem. I want sidebar to appear on this page even if I i'm entering this from the module.I'm sorry if there was already any discussion about it. I've been searching and didn't find it but my English is still quite poor, so I could have missed something ;).Can somebody help me, please?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91466 by william white
Is this similar to the problem of putting an "add item" menu link on the menu instead of or in addition to the login module where it normally exists. When you click add item from login module it runs script in a window and assumes that its on the same page, there fore joomla stuff doesnt fire?

• Adam Romanowski
  • Adam Romanowski's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91467 by Adam Romanowski
I've just enabled adding articles on K2 login module and it works OK but I can't find an option of adding "add item" link to the menu (Joomla menu module- if i understood that right). You meant K2 login and Joomla menu, right? I can't see this kind of link (add item) when creating new menu position. However, adding articles from K2 login seems to be working fine right now.

By the way, thanks for inviting!

More
13 years 9 months ago #91468 by william white
We are misunderstanding each other, I was asking if this was a similar problem.