Keyword

Archive layout

• thegreatwent
  • thegreatwent's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91534 by thegreatwent
Archive layout was created by thegreatwent
I have created an archive menu using using a mod_k2_tools module to display the months for an archives list in the right hand column on this site - www.evepic.com/joomla
When you click the month, the resulting item is being display with full text and an rss feed icon and link even though I have explicitly turned those things off in the Archives category edit page in the various views. No matter what I seem to do, I can't, for example, hide the RSS Feed or limit the text.

I've noticed on the k2 demo site that the article text is hidden and a "Read More" link is displayed. How do I get mine to display more like that?

Any help is always appreciated!

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• thegreatwent
More
13 years 9 months ago #91535 by thegreatwent
Replied by thegreatwent on topic Archive layout
Anybody?

• thegreatwent
More
13 years 9 months ago #91536 by thegreatwent
What is up with this forum? Many of the topics seem to go unanswered and nothing seems to get resolved.

Clearly what I'm asking is possible, as the K2 demo site demonstrates exactly what I need - archived content is displayed with intro text and a "READ MORE" link, unless the demo site is NOT using the mod_k2_tools module.

Can one gain access to the the demo site admin to see the module and category settings or can someone create a copy of the site and db and make it available to download so people can test it locally and see exactly how the demo site is set up?

Again - I have created an Archive category and assigned two articles to that category. I have created a mod_k2_tools module and set the module functionality to "Archve" and assigned set the category filter to "Archive". I have the Archive category view options RSS option turned off and intro text word limit set to 10 but when the "August" link is clicked in my left menu (www.evepic.com/joomla/our-team/blog/itemlist/date/2010/8.html?catid=10) the RSS link is still displaying and the full text is being displayed. Is what I'm asking not possible? Am I going to have to do this all manually and create a menu module for each month and assign my articles to it?

Please, somebody, let me know.. 

• thegreatwent
More
13 years 9 months ago #91537 by thegreatwent
Ok..this is strange. It now appears that the K2 demo site's archive links are different than they were 30 minutes ago.

Previously, the link url was something like this - demo.getk2.org/en/category-blog/itemlist/date/2010/9 and now it's demo.getk2.org/en/items-by-tag/itemlist/date/2010/9

Is this now set up differently?

And now it's demo.getk2.org/en/component/k2/itemlist/date/2010/9

Please tell me someone is looking into this! :)