Keyword

How to disable default materials and links and switch site to K2 completly?

More
13 years 9 months ago #91538 by Velt
I have installed K2, made structure and items. I want to switch my site to use K2 only and disable usage of default materials, sections and categories.
But there remains possibility to make default Joomla materials, categories and sections through Administrator menu and possibility to make links to default materials, categories and sections in Menu manager. How can I disable these options, which mislead users (content manager) of my site.

Also in Menu manager my content manager sees just one link "k2" which doesn't inform that it allows to add materials, while the above default link "Add material" is truly informative and acts as it says.

How can I solve this problem and hide ability to manage default resources but make K2 items usage more informative?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thomas Johannessen
More
13 years 9 months ago #91539 by Thomas Johannessen
Ive done this, almost completly in a Intranet solution. All my content and visible elements is K2, but of course menus and forms is based on some other native Joomla and RS form Pro (functions).
The main issue I had was Login, its a open but restricted by user access level area, and the frontpage issue, and the fact that Slideshow by GK-photoslide is published on a menu item, but it shows up also in the other views on the K2 category. I tried the module any where but that didnt work.

I looking forward to 1.6, and a future K2 development that let u chose what ( or both ) content publisher u want. There is no need for 2. K2 is capable to publish everything, even shop / products ( I use that in a shop too) K2mart etc. Together with Virtuemart. K2 hasa wider and better handling of content (together with built in social media linking) than Joomlas Content (articles).

Your menus can point to K2 categories, items, modules can list and trigger. The only issues I meet is what I describes.
Rename the K2 in the menu manager to a understandable name.

do u have other tips I would like to hear

More
13 years 9 months ago #91540 by Velt
Thomas Johannessen said:do u have other tips I would like to hear

I try to compare different CCK and also try to modify original Joomla 1.6. to add there my own fields. Time will show what's better.

• Thomas Johannessen
More
13 years 9 months ago #91541 by Thomas Johannessen
I try to solve / figure out ZOO, but stranded..

Velt said:Thomas Johannessen said:do u have other tips I would like to hear

I try to compare different CCK and also try to modify original Joomla 1.6. to add there my own fields. Time will show what's better.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91542 by Velt
Well... Yesterday I completely solved this question with the help of FLEXIcontent. It can hide default joomla materials and site-manager wil never be confused what materials to edit. www.flexicontent.org/forum/index.php?f=25&t=2668&rb_v=viewtopic