Keyword

URL Problem while migration from Joomla to K2

• Nessan
  • Nessan's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91596 by Nessan
I have a big news site with thousands of articles ,based on Joomla. Recently, we came to know about K2, and impressed with the features decided to migrate . But switching from Joomla to K2 results in an added /item/  (in sef) in the url of articles (items in joomla ).While, in com_content, there was nothing such. We have good viewership from search engines in Joomla site .

So my query is :

Is it possible to remove /item/ from url and get url exactly as previous (previous one : sitename/menu-name/submenu-name/article-id-alias .

I explored through forums, and found sh404sef can help. It removes /item/ from url but removes the id .If I enable , "append item id" , it adds id to the last of the alias , unlike core joomla sef, which adds at the start.

I need technical help : I guess route.php (com_k2/helper/route.php) contains the solution :

'index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id='.$id .

When I removed the word item from here, url becomes exactly like Joomla one but page goes empty.

Please suggest a solution urgently. I need all my previous articles to be displayed in K2 (m highly impressed with layout ). I can redirect all previous urls to new ones, but that too will result in huge number of redirects, possible harm to Search Engine Ranking.

Please suggest how can I get url exactly like Joomla one.

Thanks

Nessan

News Blog

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91597 by schlogo
Replied by schlogo on topic URL Problem while migration from Joomla to K2
Hello

I have the same issue  with this item word .. But I have a stange one... 2 sites , both joomla 1.5.22 both the last version of  k2 with joomla sef. One  has the item word all over the urls, one does not have it anywhere ...

More
13 years 9 months ago #91598 by schlogo
Replied by schlogo on topic URL Problem while migration from Joomla to K2
Found what was wrong on my site. I ve installed artio but by default, the k2 extension for artio is not installed. I had to go to the control panel and click on get extension... once the plugin is installed, the item word is gone !olivier said:

Hello

I have the same issue  with this item word .. But I have a stange one... 2 sites , both joomla 1.5.22 both the last version of  k2 with joomla sef. One  has the item word all over the urls, one does not have it anywhere ...

More
13 years 8 months ago #91599 by NintendoNerds
Replied by NintendoNerds on topic URL Problem while migration from Joomla to K2
I'm using K2 and attempted to install ARTIO by going to Extensions > Install/Uninstall and I received the following error:

"Warning: require_once(/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/sef_ext.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216 Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '/home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/libraries/joomla/installer/adapters/sef_ext.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/XXXXX/public_html/XXXXX/libraries/joomla/installer/installer.php on line 216"

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

olivier said:

Found what was wrong on my site. I ve installed artio but by default, the k2 extension for artio is not installed. I had to go to the control panel and click on get extension... once the plugin is installed, the item word is gone !olivier said:

Hello