Keyword

Can't delete trashed categories

• Ferdi Özdamar
  • Ferdi Özdamar's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91608 by Ferdi Özdamar
Can't delete trashed categories was created by Ferdi Özdamar
Hello, one of site admin accidently import old joomla contet, there was more then 3.000 article and more then 40 categories on old joomla (and she did it 3 times!) so i started to clean all article and categories which is came from old joomla, but i can't delete categories from trashed items, because they don't have check box to select. Any idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91609 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can't delete trashed categories
If  there are that many items the Quickest way to get rid of things like that will be to use phpmadmin and mysql delete for statements.

Backup everything first, take a very good look at the data, and be sure your are deleting what you want to delete.

Get the items first, the unwanted categories and sub categories last

More
13 years 9 months ago #91610 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can't delete trashed categories
A quick test shows that first you have to trash the items, next the subcategories, then the categories..

After trashing the items go to trashed categories and the check boxes will appear so you can permanently delete them if your doing it manually.... Switching between K2 dashboard and Trashed categories seems to update the display

• Ferdi Özdamar
More
13 years 9 months ago #91611 by Ferdi Özdamar
Replied by Ferdi Özdamar on topic Can't delete trashed categories
Thank you but i exactly did same like you said and then get this result... So am i hopeless??? William White said:

A quick test shows that first you have to trash the items, next the subcategories, then the categories..

After trashing the items go to trashed categories and the check boxes will appear so you can permanently delete them if your doing it manually.... Switching between K2 dashboard and Trashed categories seems to update the display

• Ferdi Özdamar
More
13 years 9 months ago #91612 by Ferdi Özdamar
Replied by Ferdi Özdamar on topic Can't delete trashed categories
I found my mistake, i didn't delete all categories, and strangely on trashed categories there was also appearing undelated categories (without check box) so that i was thinking no way to delete all trashed. Thank you so much  William. Happy end:))