Keyword

Virtual Items

• Will Kerslake
  • Will Kerslake's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91794 by Will Kerslake
Virtual Items was created by Will Kerslake
Is there any way to create K2 items that actually point to other K2 items or external web links?

For the front page I'm using a microblog format to make a visual menu for my content items based on their image and title. There is one microblog per K2 category showing featured content of that category and a final microblog showing a special "Front Page" category for highlights across all the other categories. I've got two problems:

1. External Items

One is that I want to inject a couple items in these microblogs that are actually links to external content. Ideally I could give this item a title and image which the microblog would use, but when clicking on the item instead of loading the content of the article it would load a specified link.

2. Virtual Items

To do the Front Page microblog I have to make a duplicate of items in another category. That can work, but it would be much better if I could create an item with a title and image, but that when clicked took you to another item on the site.

In theory both of these work the same, clicking on the title of the article loads a specific link instead of the article content. I'm guessing this isn't a feature of K2 directly, but wondering if people are aware of an extension that does this.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.