Keyword

Assign a default menu if no active item...

More
13 years 9 months ago #91863 by jLynn
I have inherited a website and am having some issues with modules that do not display on K2 'item' pages. NOTE: I am a K2 noob  so this question may have previously been answered, but I've not found reference in the forums.

I have several modules (Google ads) set to display with select menu items - including the 'home' page (which is basically populated with K2 category content).

When clicking an item link on the homepage, it displays the article BUT does not carry over the menu 'active_item' - so my module content is not displayed along with the article. Not good!!

Also, same issue with K2 item links on the search results page.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the best solution is to modify my site template to check and see if there is an active menu and if not, default to the home page menu.

If this is the way to go, can someone plz point my nose in the direction of code to add to my template to accomplish this?

Many thanks!

jLynn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91864 by jLynn
Replied by jLynn on topic Assign a default menu if no active item...
I had another thought about my dilemma... Is it possible to assign a K2 category to a hidden menu so when a link in the category is clicked, the 'hidden menu' item will be the active_item?

This would be most helpful in creating ad modules that display with specific categories.

Or... here's something I had not yet explored... can I associate modules with K2 categories instead of menus??

Thanks in advance for insight and suggestions!!

jLynn

More
13 years 7 months ago #91865 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Assign a default menu if no active item...
Turn off all sef and see if it works properly. The items should display the same modules as their parent category.  While sef is off look at the url, there should be itemid=??.  The number after itemid relates to the menu number in the menu manager.

More
13 years 7 months ago #91866 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic Assign a default menu if no active item...
The menu changing and the template changing has nothing to do with how Joomla displays modules.  I need to browse down through a category and look at the itemid's, but your sef is still on.

www.offsite-auto.com.cy/car-news/diethneis-eidisis/47-dietheis-eidiseis-genika/931-bmwx1turbo.html