Keyword

Problem with xml based flash file

• Rosston Meyer
  • Rosston Meyer's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91870 by Rosston Meyer
Problem with xml based flash file was created by Rosston Meyer
I have a site that is having an issue with an xml-based flash mp3 palyer file. I'm not sure if this is a K2 issue for sure, but I have been working with J! for quite some time and cannot figure this one out.

There is an mp3 player (with xml playlist) showing fine on the homepage and all first level main menu links. The problem is, when clicking to a subcategory, a specific article, or even a non-K2 core Joomla article, the flash file shows but the playlist does not load.

Now I've used xml files like this on many Joomla sites, and it usually either works, or it doesnt. But for the xml to sporadically load...im not sure.

The site is www.sflinsider.com/ And the mp3 player and issue is apparent when clicking through the site. The swf is sitting in the root of the site, and obviosuly plays fine on the homepage.

The embed code im using is here:

I run into issues when embedding xml based files with swfobject so i am using this standard/old school flash embed code:

&lt;object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="375" height="175" id="player" align="middle"> <param name="allowFullScreen" value="false" /> <param name="movie" value="www.sflinsider.com/mp3_player.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="wmode" value="transparent" /> <embed wmode="transparent" src="/www.sflinsider.com/mp3_player.swf" quality="high" width="375" height="175" name="player" align="middle" allowFullScreen="false" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="www.adobe.com/go/getflashplayer" /> </object>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.