Keyword

Parent Category??

• Sebron Snyder
  • Sebron Snyder's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91890 by Sebron Snyder
Parent Category?? was created by Sebron Snyder
I am testing out this new thing. I am new to K2 and am working on figuring it all out. I've got a basic test item showing on the dev site but now have 2 questions:

I notice that I am missing a Parent Category in the Category Admin area. Am I supposed to have an option here? What is this? There is no mouse-over descriotion to this item.

My site uses 2 templates. One for home page and another for the rest of the site. The est content is being revealed correctly as a link on the second template. However when you click the link to reveal the expanded content it displays the content in the first template. Not sure where this is controled. Any thoughts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #91891 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Parent Category??
I notice that I am missing a Parent Category in the Category Admin area. Am I supposed to have an option here? What is this? There is no mouse-over descriotion to this item. First create a category, set it to parent - none, now create another category, set it parent to be the first one you create. look at the category manager now and you will see that it belongs to the first one

One template will be the default template, if nothing else is "assigned" then it will show on all pages, Go to the second template and look for the paramaters that assign it to a certian page and tick the selected pages and ctrl-or-shift-click the ones you want it to be used for...that should do it

• Sebron Snyder
  • Sebron Snyder's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91892 by Sebron Snyder
Replied by Sebron Snyder on topic Parent Category??
Thanks for the answer. Understood about the categories. Makes perfect sense.

However on the template selection portion I am still not getting the right option. I reviewed the Templating tutorial and made the appropriate configuration changes as explained. Now I get "image" as an option. Strange. I also went to the "template" portion of Joomla and made certain that the page where the info is being shown is assigned to the correct template. One thng that needs to be said is that I am "pushing"this new info to a page/menu item already in existence in Joomla (pre k2). In this case a Section and Category and menu item that display a rudimentary Blog layout that Joomla provides. Your solution would make perfect sense if k2 were generating a menu item or could. Am I missing something? Thanks for your help!

More
13 years 9 months ago #91893 by william white
Create a test menu item

there should be a k2 set of items now

use the category layout type

pick the category

and see what happens next

More
13 years 9 months ago #91894 by william white
see friend request and pm me