Keyword

K2 frontend admin/editor on cPanel protected directories

• Ren jin
  • Ren jin's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91940 by Ren jin
Hey,

Just want to let you guys know this. I've searched through the forum and google, but haven seen anyone posting this.

In cPanel or any other hosting management software, there is an option to password protect the directories. Either with .htaccess or the hosting control panel (ofcoz with frontpage extensions off)

A lot of people will do this to protect Joomla's almighty 'administrator' folder

If you do this, and when you enable the frontend editing/authoring on K2 , there is a problem.

Popups keeps appearing asking you to key in the username and password (this is if the user is not logged in to administrator folder)

There are cases where we give only managers the frontend admin access and not the backend. This will cause the case.

K2 frontend admin is using several javascripts , style sheets and images from the backend. So lets say they are using 10 of those files, the popup asking for authentication will popup 10 times.

So the solution is to put everything that k2 frontend admin uses in the root folder :)

Cheers..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #91941 by Miner49er
Hi

Thanks for the advice> I have this exact problem. Can anyone tell me which files to put in the root folder though, as I have no idea which ones k" frontend admin uses.

Cheers

• Ren jin
  • Ren jin's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 5 months ago #91942 by Ren jin
you will have to view the source code and then change the codes to include from the frontend folders (you need to move the files to the frontend as well)