Keyword

Changing category name problem

• Miro Mitov
  • Miro Mitov's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #91976 by Miro Mitov
Changing category name problem was created by Miro Mitov
Hi Everyone,

I have a small problem with K2... I have changed the name of one of the categories (changed from 'gadgets' to 'technology') and i have joomla SEF enabled (also sh404sef installed but not enabled).

When i click on an article, the url and the breadcrumbs continue to display 'gadgets' instead of technology...

Is there a cache i need to clear? Any solution to this?

Regards,

Miro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #91977 by Ibrahim
Replied by Ibrahim on topic Changing category name problem
I had problems with joomla breadcrumb module too. It didn't show K2 categories and items always properly. So I suggest you to disable joomla breadcrumb module and to use K2 Tools module to create K2 breadcrumb module.

K2 breadcrumb module works fine with everything, K2 content as well as joomla original content and also other additional components like Jdownloads etc.

Try it. I use on my page K2 breadcrumbs and it works very well.

• Miro Mitov
  • Miro Mitov's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #91978 by Miro Mitov
Replied by Miro Mitov on topic Changing category name problem
Hi, thanks for the reply, i will give it a ago...

though i am thinking that if the Joomla SEF url also shows the old category title, its a simple cache issue... just not sure where it is stored. I have tried to purge old caches and deleted anything stored in the cache, but still shows. Its very strange... I have checked the alias and that is correct for all (category and menu).

More
13 years 8 months ago #91979 by Ibrahim
Replied by Ibrahim on topic Changing category name problem
Just use K2 Breadcrumbs and you will not have any problems. Believe me. And creating K2 Breadcrumbs is easy using K2 Tools module.

Miro Mitov said:
Hi, thanks for the reply, i will give it a ago...

though i am thinking that if the Joomla SEF url also shows the old category title, its a simple cache issue... just not sure where it is stored. I have tried to purge old caches and deleted anything stored in the cache, but still shows. Its very strange... I have checked the alias and that is correct for all (category and menu).