Keyword

JavaScript is stripped out of content on an article/item

• steve02a
  • steve02a's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91980 by steve02a
I have an article on my site, using the K2.

I have a plug I'm using that will allow me to insert JavaScript into the article using placeholders.

An example of the code behind the article is attached in the text file here, since I can't post the code here in this message box.

So, the {googleAds} is my placeholder and I insert the between. When I save the K2 Item (the article), the is stripped out and my code just reverts to {googleAds} {/googleAds}
How can I get the to stay there?
Thank you in advance
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• steve02a
More
13 years 8 months ago #91981 by steve02a
Anyone?....is this forum dead?

More
13 years 8 months ago #91982 by Neha Goyal
Hello,

I m having an issue with K2 in IE7. It shows an error of "Internet Explorer Can not find this issue. Operation Aborted.". Please help me how to fix this error.

Thanks

Neha

• steve02a
More
13 years 8 months ago #91983 by steve02a
No idea about your error - but if it's related to mine - I installed a plugin called Modules Anywhere - www.nonumber.nl/modulesanywhere - so when I'm editing a K2 Item (the content), I can pop in a module anywhere in the actual content. I just setup various modules beforehand - like my Google adsense (using a module called Easy Script) and give it a creative name (like: Google Ad #1). So, when I'm editing my content - on the content editor, there's a new button called "insert module" - I click it, find my module I created "Google Ad #1" and just check it, hit OK, and it inserts into my item (content). Now, I don't worry about putting JavaScript directly into the item/content/article itself. I let the plugin and module power it all.

• NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA
More
13 years 8 months ago #91984 by NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA
Replied by NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA on topic JavaScript is stripped out of content on an article/item
Hi Steve S,

It sounded like a good idea (although you don't need the Easy Script Module, you can just create a custom module). But it doesn't work with K2... 

The code is there (it's not stripped) but in the frontend nothing happens.

Do you have a clue about this?

Thanks in advance!

More
13 years 7 months ago #91985 by Jelmar Groot
Hi Steve,

You don't need a plugin to be able to put javascript into your code. You just need to use an editor (like JCE Editor) that enables you to turn Javscript stripping off.

Read about the method in this article: www.aquarianconsultant.com/blog/item/98-how-to-insert-google-adsense-into-a-joomla/k2-article-with-jce-editor