Keyword

Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog

• corey lansdell
  • corey lansdell's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #91987 by corey lansdell
Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog was created by corey lansdell
Hey gang,

Need help. I get the following error when trying to enter a comment on my blog at pulpstudios.ca/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=19:pirates-love-daisies-the-characters&Itemid=100046#itemCommentsAnchor

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously declared in
/home/pulps/public_html/plugins/system/jezReCaptcha/recaptcha-php-1.10/recaptchalib.php:47)
in /home/pulps/public_html/components/com_k2/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 67

Corey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #91988 by Lynette Privatsky
Replied by Lynette Privatsky on topic Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog
I'm having the same issue as you. Can't wait to find out the answer.

More
13 years 8 months ago #91989 by thejamkit
Replied by thejamkit on topic Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog
Experiencing the same errors here. I thought it was a cache issue, but its not. I will be tinkering with it over the next few hours...

• corey lansdell
More
13 years 8 months ago #91990 by corey lansdell
Replied by corey lansdell on topic Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog
Cool! Let me know if you find a solution. I'm totally stumped.

thejamkit said:
Experiencing the same errors here. I thought it was a cache issue, but its not. I will be tinkering with it over the next few hours...

More
13 years 8 months ago #91991 by thejamkit
Replied by thejamkit on topic Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog
Okay, this is what I have found so far:

Its very likely that you have two insances of recaptcha in the website, one built in for K2 and another probably at the contact page, which has nothing to do with K2, (probably from the Google recaptcha plugin for Joomla). This is the situation I have and ending up with the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously declared in [path]/plugins/system/jezReCaptcha/recaptcha-php-1.10/recaptchalib.php:47)[path]/components/com_k2/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 67

Seems like the system plugins generate the codes first before the K2 built in plugin. When I disabled my system plugin, the K2 plug-in works just fine... which leaves me with trying to see what to do about the contact pages.

I am going to look around to see if there is a hack for components/com_k2/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 67 

to allow for a code that is already generated.

• corey lansdell
More
13 years 8 months ago #91992 by corey lansdell
Replied by corey lansdell on topic Recaptcha broken on my k2 blog
ok.

Thanks for the info!

Doesn't make it good for the contact section though.

Let me know if you find a hack!!!

Thanks tons.

C

thejamkit said:

Okay, this is what I have found so far:

Its very likely that you have two insances of recaptcha in the website, one built in for K2 and another probably at the contact page, which has nothing to do with K2, (probably from the Google recaptcha plugin for Joomla). This is the situation I have and ending up with the error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare _recaptcha_qsencode() (previously declared in [path]/plugins/system/jezReCaptcha/recaptcha-php-1.10/recaptchalib.php:47)[path]/components/com_k2/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 67

Seems like the system plugins generate the codes first before the K2 built in plugin. When I disabled my system plugin, the K2 plug-in works just fine... which leaves me with trying to see what to do about the contact pages.

I am going to look around to see if there is a hack for components/com_k2/lib/recaptchalib.php on line 67 

to allow for a code that is already generated.