Keyword

K2 Content module Read More bug in version 2.4.1

• Ibrahim
  • Ibrahim's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92014 by Ibrahim
I couldn't activate "Read more" in my K2 content modules and finally I opened default.php file in mod_k2_content\tmpl\Default and I've noticed the wrong code for "Read more" part.

<?php if($params->get('itemReadMore') && $item->fulltext): ?>            <a class="moduleItemReadMore" href="<?php echo $item->link; ?>">                <?php echo JText::_('Read more...'); ?>            </a>            <?php endif; ?>

Like this you can't get read more.

The bold part "&& $item->fulltext" shouldn't be there. As I see using K2 content modules there is no option for "fulltext" anywhere.

I've deleted that part and my "Read more" links showed up.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92015 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Content module Read More bug in version 2.4.1
Did you try the combination in the settings of "show readmore, show introtext, introtext wordlimit"? to see if the default code worked? You can override the com_k2_content rathere than changing the core if you like.

• Ibrahim
  • Ibrahim's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92016 by Ibrahim
I tried and didn't work. But no problem. I change some things according to my needs. I'm not experienced in developing php but somehow logically I manage to adapt some things.