Keyword

K2Mart and VirtueMart modules - how do they work together?

• Neil Forrester
  • Neil Forrester's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #92037 by Neil Forrester
Hello,

I would like to use K2Mart with the next shop I create but I can't see anywhere if I can still use the VirtueMart modules such as Latest Products, Product Scroller etc would work with K2Mart?

I don't see how they can because if the store is set up under K2 the VM modules can only link into VM and not K2 and products are listed under K2Mart rather than VM. Is this correct and would I then need to find additional plugins /modules for K2Mart to get the same functionality?

If anyone can answer this question or explain to me how the alternative way of doing things with K2Mart to replace the VM modules that would be great.

Many thanks,

Neil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Neil Forrester
  • Neil Forrester's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #92038 by Neil Forrester
Hi William,

Thank you for the video link. I have seen this and it's very good. I can see that K2Mart allows better layout of
product/item description with it's extra fields but I also want to
publish the regular VM modules too.It seems that when a store uses K2Mart rather than VM the products then fall under the K2Mart Categories and not VM.

For example: If I wanted to have a VM Product Scroller showing products from a certain VM categories how is that going to work when the products are no longer managed under VM but through K2Mart items?

Maybe I am getting confused here but that's how it appears to me.

Many thanks for your help and advice William.

Regards,Neil.

William White said:
There is a good video about k2mart by OSTraining, You can see the link here community.getk2.org/profiles/blogs/new-k2mart-tutorial-video

When you get k2 mart working it allows you to "use" k2 items as a part of the story and drive people directly from your k2 item to the vm cart.

Items that are created in K2 are also created in VM . I have not tested but you should be able to use either/or, you would just be putting vm products into its regular modules and not k2 items. When you use K2 items you get the ability to customize what you want to show, as in any other k2 display.

More
13 years 9 months ago #92039 by william white
There is a good video about k2mart by OSTraining, You can see the link here community.getk2.org/profiles/blogs/new-k2mart-tutorial-video

When you get k2 mart working it allows you to "use" k2 items as a part of the story and drive people directly from your k2 item to the vm
cart.

see here
forum.joomlaworks.gr/k2mart/i-wanna-learn-these-subjects/

More
13 years 3 weeks ago #92040 by icedge
I want to ask too. When i add product from K2 and add a image, the productscroller for VM cant show image. I have to add image again in VM. that is very confusing. Can anybody tell me ho can i sync together, or the same module but for K2?