Keyword

Edit the category menu

• KLM Graphics
  • KLM Graphics's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92044 by KLM Graphics
Edit the category menu was created by KLM Graphics
I created a K2 category menu and ALL of the parameters are greyed out and or unselectable. Whats the deal with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92045 by Casper Voogt
Replied by Casper Voogt on topic Edit the category menu
I am having the same problem. Not only are they greyed out, I was able to set them initially, but after saving they got greyed out. I have thus been unable to set the template I want to use for my category display .... any ideas?

More
13 years 8 months ago #92046 by Casper Voogt
Replied by Casper Voogt on topic Edit the category menu
Well ... I did find a sort of solution; when creating your category menu item for a category that has already been linked from a menu item, select more than one category. If you only have one category, create a new, empty one and select it along with the category you really want to select. Then the options will no longer be grayed out. Ha ha, we're lucky the documentation's in English - the creators are Greek. I do think it's an excellent addon and I don't think it's bloated, but considering it's an open source creation and hasn't been around very long, it really does amazing things for Joomla.

Kevin Morrison said:
I wish I had an answer for you, just wish the support for K2 did not suck as bad as it does. I honestly don't see why this app is so damn popular. I have one issue right after another with it and apparently the K2 developers are either too arrogant to support their extension or don't have a clue! We have a mini Microcrap here the way they work the development (if in fact that is what it is called?)

I will surely report back here if I find an answer but honestly I am reluctant to even try. As soon as I figure this out it will just be something else. I am looking at using a better supported application and am willing to pay for it if it means the developers wont just set on their hands. Of course creating something and making sure it works before offering it to the public goes a long way with me. For those who think I am an ass complaining about something that is free I say to you it is NOT free as my time spent trying to debug it has more value than K2 is worth! Its full of bloat (probably why it works like crap) and what documentation there is might as well be all in German for what it is worth!