Keyword

Inserting script code into K2 Comments

• Bernard Parsons
  • Bernard Parsons's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92103 by Bernard Parsons
Inserting script code into K2 Comments was created by Bernard Parsons
After spending just about a whole day searching the net for a solution, it seems that I have no choice to add a discussion on this forum cause I couldn't find the answer. And it seems that I'm not the only one, so perhaps someone will answer my question so I can pass this information on.

I want to add google adsence scripts to my pages, or just say any "j" script that will display external information on my K2 article pages. Banners etc.

Now I know there are many plugs that will do this for google adsence, but I felt it would be much simpler to just add a google adsence script myself to any page I wanted without downloading and installing an add-on.

It also seems that K2 will accept embedded tags for youtube video but nothing revolving with the <script></script> tags. The only way I know of adding google adsence script tags is to turn off the editor in the global setting for the user, myself, and then going to the K2 article and then inserting the script tags. But if you turn on the editor in the global setting and re-open the K2 article, the script is lost.

Is there a work around or fix for this, or is it simple something that I have to live with and accept the fact that I have to rely on a plug-in to do the job for me.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92104 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Inserting script code into K2 Comments
You may be able to study this and do it automatically with a k2 type plugin

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/example-k2-plugin-for

• NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA
More
13 years 8 months ago #92105 by NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA
Replied by NUNO ALEXANDRE NOGUEIRA on topic Inserting script code into K2 Comments
Hello Bernard,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I've read everything about extra fields but it doesn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!

• Bernard Parsons
  • Bernard Parsons's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92106 by Bernard Parsons
Replied by Bernard Parsons on topic Inserting script code into K2 Comments
For adding adsense scripts to K2, the only solution is using a suitable extension or plug-in that will work with K2.

I tried to use the extra fields in K2, but it doesn't support it. Perhaps there will be a newer version of K2 in the future that will support it.

I have looked at another site that has developed or is a part of a new K2 feature from k2joom.com. It’s supposed to support adsense. I think the extension is called mutiads. Look into it.

Right now I'm looking at Google Adsense Time Sharing from www.jiliko.net, it has allot a cool feature where you can even share profit with others. But of course I just wanted it for our company to make money first before that though of click sharing or banner sharing with other companies came into play. The time sharing is also to allow other users who have accounts on your site to add adsense and share the profit with you as well. All in all I think it should be fine. The only problem is out of state sales are usually not refundable if something doesn't work right. But I guess when you're downloading digital application; it's a win lose situation. I will post my results here once I have made a decision and have it installed.  Nuno Nogueira said:

Hello Bernard,

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?

I've read everything about extra fields but it doesn't solve the problem.

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks!