Keyword

Hide View Options Not Working

• Roger Edrinn
  • Roger Edrinn's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #92154 by Roger Edrinn
Hide View Options Not Working was created by Roger Edrinn
I'm trying to understand the Hide View Options of the K2 Item admin.

I'd like to hide the author, view count and various other fields from appearing on my web pages. Item View Options offers Inherit from category or Show or Hide. I'd like to get the Inherit from category working but for now I'd settle for Hide to work.

Selecting Hide on a option, then saving the Item, and refreshing the hosting page does nothing.

What might I be doing wrong???

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #92155 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Hide View Options Not Working
You should go to the top category, set its defaults the way you want them to work, then make the sub-categories under it inherit from it. If you sometimes want to have something different in just one item then set its paramaters and it should do what you want just it to

• Roger Edrinn
  • Roger Edrinn's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 9 months ago #92156 by Roger Edrinn
Replied by Roger Edrinn on topic Hide View Options Not Working
That's what I thought, and what I think I did. But I can't get any of those fields to turn off. I'm missing something.

Whether I you the top category controls or the Item controls, I'm unable to get those fields to turn off.

Thanks
William White said:

You should go to the top category, set its defaults the way you want them to work, then make the sub-categories under it inherit from it. If you sometimes want to have something different in just one item then set its paramaters and it should do what you want just it to

• Senthuran Bhuvanendra
More
13 years 3 weeks ago #92157 by Senthuran Bhuvanendra
Replied by Senthuran Bhuvanendra on topic Hide View Options Not Working
Hello,

Just in case anyone out there is still having problems with this (this may not address your problem Roger Edrinn, but I'm a beginner and I realised after quite a while I was making an elementary mistake).  I was trying to change the parameters for a lower-level category and getting no response when I refreshed my front-end page.  I turned out I had selected Inherit from category from the top-level category, so my parameter changes were being overridden.