Keyword

White boxes, too many posts, ratings showing for no reason, comments showing up! Help!

• Ben Chesters
  • Ben Chesters's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92199 by Ben Chesters
I installed K2 and am muddling through, as one does! I don't have any k2 plugins activated in Joommla and also tried to switch everything else off, such as commetns and ratings, still my posts contain all this extra stuff, plus 2 random white boxes! I really have no idea why all this is appearing at all. Plus I altered the settings so that only 1 column of posts would be displayed, however 2 colums are shown and it looks dreadful! Anyone out there having these problems?

Example:

www.onlinebingo-bonus.co.uk/90-s-soul-k2/roberta-flack-that-s-no-way-to-say-goodbye-1969

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92200 by william white
Your item

Nina Simone Baltimore
looks like a standard k2 layout

The link you provided looks like a k2 item that has most of the features turned off in the parameters

• Ben Chesters
More
13 years 8 months ago #92201 by Ben Chesters
Hi! this is because I eventually found a post [I thnk it was yours} and have just switched all the stuff off, just this minute as it happens! I still don't know what the whit eboxes are round the comments etc. Have you seen this before? Must be a css issue, but looks real ugly. I also cannot turn off the final box at the bottom which is called 'Latest From'

William White said:

Your item

Nina Simone Baltimore
looks like a standard k2 layout

The link you provided looks like a k2 item that has most of the features turned off in the parameters

More
13 years 8 months ago #92202 by Terry Britton
Ben, the box is white because most people use templates with white backgrounds instead of black. So, no most of us are not having that problem. I suggest you use Firefox and Firebug (an addon that lets you inspect and modify css). 

If you look in K2.css there is css for .even and .odd which set the background to white. Just remove the "background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF" part.

Just a suggestion, but you will have a lot more luck getting a response if you post a single problem rather than a panicked looking title with a post listing multiple problems all jumbled together. I would also suggest you read through the documentation pages if you're new to K2.

• Ben Chesters
More
13 years 8 months ago #92203 by Ben Chesters
Hi Terry. Thank you very much for your response. I guess you're also right about the 'panicked looking title' as well! I'm often solving multiple problems at the same time and live in hope that someone's been through similar things!

Terry A Britton said:
Ben, the box is white because most people use templates with white backgrounds instead of black. So, no most of us are not having that problem. I suggest you use Firefox and Firebug (an addon that lets you inspect and modify css). 

If you look in K2.css there is css for .even and .odd which set the background to white. Just remove the "background:none repeat scroll 0 0 #FFFFFF" part.

Just a suggestion, but you will have a lot more luck getting a response if you post a single problem rather than a panicked looking title with a post listing multiple problems all jumbled together. I would also suggest you read through the documentation pages if you're new to K2.