Keyword

K2 and SH404SEF

• paulgreco
  • paulgreco's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92207 by paulgreco
K2 and SH404SEF was created by paulgreco
So I have the wonderful k2 running on a test/beta site beta.fantasypros911.com.  I've been trying to no have the K2 categories show up in the url but they still do.  I went into the K2 parameter and set 'sh404SEF URL category prefix for items' to 'no categories' but they still continue to show up.

All I want to do is have the url and article name.  For example : http://sitename/articlename

not http://sitename/category/subcategory/articlename

Thanks for the help,

Paul

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92208 by canderson
Replied by canderson on topic K2 and SH404SEF
Bumping this as I have the same exact question. :)

More
13 years 7 months ago #92209 by Craig Pearson
Replied by Craig Pearson on topic K2 and SH404SEF
After you  made the change did you clear out the URLs in 404 and click your home link on your site to regenerate your URLs?

More
13 years 7 months ago #92210 by canderson
Hm, I don't see where to clear out the articles (I don't have the 404 component installed, just using the pre-loaded K2 404 parameters).

What's odd on my site is I am having a mix; some categories/menus are displaying properly and some are giving item/id#/ etc

For example: www.witf.info/news/statehousesoundbites/item/14937-a-closer-look-at-wednesdays-house-rules-kerfuffle is a News category item

www.witf.info/about/mobile is an article that's tied to the menu with Menu Item

I just want to have the item info killed - I've read so much about extensions but can't seem to find one that works (granted, I haven't paid for the 404 extension as of yet). I tried JoomSEF for K2 but it won't install properly.

Thanks!Craig Pearson said:

After you  made the change did you clear out the URLs in 404 and click your home link on your site to regenerate your URLs?

More
13 years 7 months ago #92211 by Craig Pearson
Sorry - I was only answering the titled topic as I'm using sef404 - there is no interface for standard Joomla urls so can't answer that. Been using 404 for a while on 15 sites - can be a little strange at times but once you know how to handle it it works pretty good.

Chris Anderson said:
Hm, I don't see where to clear out the articles (I don't have the 404 component installed, just using the pre-loaded K2 404 parameters).

What's odd on my site is I am having a mix; some categories/menus are displaying properly and some are giving item/id#/ etc

For example: www.witf.info/news/statehousesoundbites/item/14937-a-closer-... is a News category item

I just want to have the item info killed - I've read so much about extensions but can't seem to find one that works (granted, I haven't paid for the 404 extension as of yet). I tried JoomSEF for K2 but it won't install properly.

More
13 years 7 months ago #92212 by canderson
No worries, Does sef404 work well with K2? I've read mixed reviews - some to the point that it doesn't work with K2 whatsoever!

This site has only K2 content, no Joomla articles whatsoever. All menus are K2 compliant as well. Craig Pearson said:

Sorry - I was only answering the titled topic as I'm using sef404 - there is no interface for standard Joomla urls so can't answer that. Been using 404 for a while on 15 sites - can be a little strange at times but once you know how to handle it it works pretty good.
Chris Anderson said:

For example: www.witf.info/news/statehousesoundbites/item/14937-a-closer-... is a News category item

More
13 years 7 months ago #92213 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 and SH404SEF
Hi.

K2 does works very well with sh404 if you are satisfied with the limited URL building options you have (as compared to when using com_content & sh404) - Been using it on my commercial site www.frenchtoday.com for the last 80 days and I know of several others that do use it too.  

The K2/sh404 integration will only get better over time (both Joomlaworks and Dev Digital keep referencing each other as the SEF/CCK plug-in to use so they seem pretty tight).  Also, the new version of sh404 that was released this week can make use of 3rd party SEF extensions and I'll soon be testing it with one of the competing k2 SEF plugins to see how much better the integration can get.

Note: The sh404 options in K2 will ONLY work if you are using the sh404 component.

--Olivier

Chris Anderson said:

No worries, Does sef404 work well with K2? I've read mixed reviews - some to the point that it doesn't work with K2 whatsoever!

This site has only K2 content, no Joomla articles whatsoever. All menus are K2 compliant as well. Craig Pearson said:

Sorry - I was only answering the titled topic as I'm using sef404 - there is no interface for standard Joomla urls so can't answer that. Been using 404 for a while on 15 sites - can be a little strange at times but once you know how to handle it it works pretty good. Chris Anderson said:

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #92214 by Craig Pearson
Have not had too many issues with K2 and Sef404 and as mentioned, will only get better and the new version with extra plug in support looks nice. I Use k2 for main content and joomla pages for landing pages and single page content as seen here:

www.cos-mag.com/
Chris Anderson said:

Sorry - I was only answering the titled topic as I'm using sef404 - there is no interface for standard Joomla urls so can't answer that. Been using 404 for a while on 15 sites - can be a little strange at times but once you know how to handle it it works pretty good. Chris Anderson said:

More
13 years 7 months ago #92215 by Olivier Karfis
Replied by Olivier Karfis on topic K2 and SH404SEF
Yes, I too also use Joomla articles for landing pages so that I can better control the URL.

--Olivier

Craig Pearson said:

Have not had too many issues with K2 and Sef404 and as mentioned, will only get better and the new version with extra plug in support looks nice. I Use k2 for main content and joomla pages for landing pages and single page content as seen here:

www.cos-mag.com/ Chris Anderson said:

Sorry - I was only answering the titled topic as I'm using sef404 - there is no interface for standard Joomla urls so can't answer that. Been using 404 for a while on 15 sites - can be a little strange at times but once you know how to handle it it works pretty good. Chris Anderson said:Hm, I don't see where to clear out the articles (I don't have the 404 component installed, just using the pre-loaded K2 404 parameters).

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 7 months ago #92216 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic K2 and SH404SEF
Olivier.....If i set up sh404SEF that no category shows in URL, (just homepage + Item ID + Item Alias).

May i then move Items from one category to another without fear for punishment in Google ?

And would sh404SEF automatically recognise movement ?

What is best solution for moving Items (or Joomla Articles) between categories ?

With SEF native ? And with sh4040SEF ?

I guess SEF native requires lot of changes in core code.