Keyword

K2 modules not working properly on homepage

• faeanor
  • faeanor's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92238 by faeanor
I'm employing K2-subtemplates for various K2 categories. All that works fine, yet there is something odd happening on the homepage:

- The modules do not apply the style from the sub-template CSS (only on homepage, on other pages it works just fine, also for the same category)

- After clicking on a tag or an archive from the K2-tools modules the modules are not displayed anymore on the following page, seems that the item-ID is not respected here.

No matter if sh404SEF is activated or not, the modules on the home page are screwed up.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92239 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic K2 modules not working properly on homepage
In regards to your first issue it sounds like K2.css is not being loaded on the front page. I had a similar issue and found that my theme (rockettheme) only loaded K2.css on K2 component pages.  Either use Firefox with Firebug to look at the css files that are loaded on your frontpage or use "view source" in IE and search for K2.css.

• faeanor
More
13 years 8 months ago #92240 by faeanor
Replied by faeanor on topic K2 modules not working properly on homepage
Thanks for your answer, but I guess there is more to that issue: the homepage IS a K2 component page of type "category" and the category view employs the K2 sub-template correctly. So the sub-template is loaded ion the homepage, but not for the K2-modules.On other category pages the sub-template is loaded for the modules just fine.It's also not a matter of that particular sub-template as everything works well for the "homepage" as soon as I assign some other page as default.

Terry A Britton said:

In regards to your first issue it sounds like K2.css is not being loaded on the front page. I had a similar issue and found that my theme (rockettheme) only loaded K2.css on K2 component pages.  Either use Firefox with Firebug to look at the css files that are loaded on your frontpage or use "view source" in IE and search for K2.css.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92241 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic K2 modules not working properly on homepage
Please post a link to your site and I'll have a look.faeanor said:
Thanks for your answer, but I guess there is more to that issue: the homepage IS a K2 component page of type "category" and the category view employs the K2 sub-template correctly. So the sub-template is loaded ion the homepage, but not for the K2-modules.On other category pages the sub-template is loaded for the modules just fine.It's also not a matter of that particular sub-template as everything works well for the "homepage" as soon as I assign some other page as default.

Terry A Britton said:

• faeanor
More
13 years 8 months ago #92242 by faeanor
Replied by faeanor on topic K2 modules not working properly on homepage
Actually I just found a workaround by addding the category to the URL of the homepage in the helper.php file
Terry A Britton said:

Please post a link to your site and I'll have a look.faeanor said:Thanks for your answer, but I guess there is more to that issue: the homepage IS a K2 component page of type "category" and the category view employs the K2 sub-template correctly. So the sub-template is loaded ion the homepage, but not for the K2-modules.On other category pages the sub-template is loaded for the modules just fine.It's also not a matter of that particular sub-template as everything works well for the "homepage" as soon as I assign some other page as default.

Terry A Britton said: